View Full Version : Bluetooth Howto? and another BT ?

Imageman
02-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Is there a detailed step by step howto for Bluetooth on teh iPaq? I have a 5450, and I can only get file sharing to work. I cannot pair the device, do network access, anything.

When I try to connect for network access I get the "connecting with BT Null MOdem" dialog box. Usually the system will hang here, but sometimes I get a 'logon' screen- however, I have authentication disabled.

Any ideas?

dhettel
02-16-2003, 02:18 AM
Is there a detailed step by step howto for Bluetooth on teh iPaq? I have a 5450, and I can only get file sharing to work. I cannot pair the device, do network access, anything.

When I try to connect for network access I get the "connecting with BT Null MOdem" dialog box. Usually the system will hang here, but sometimes I get a 'logon' screen- however, I have authentication disabled.

Any ideas?
You might want to tell us a little about Bluetooth on your PC. Their are a lot of choices on the PC as well as what windows version you are running. Widcomm Bluetooth stack seems to run well on Win2k, and not so well on WinXP. Also it might help to tell us about the version of the Bluetooth program you are running.

I have the newest version of the Widcomm software 1.3.2.7 running on Win2K. And seem to be able to do everything but use my laptop speakers with my 5455.

David