View Full Version : Dell Axim

Polly
02-14-2003, 11:46 PM
My friend needs to sell a 400mhz Axim with the cradle, case, books, cd, and everything that came with it. It hasn't been used other than adding WIS Bar, and activating AvantGo and ActiveSync. She uses Novell Groupwise at her office and it just won't sync up, which is imperative in her line of work. She is asking $300 plus $8 shipping (you can offer a lot more than that and I'm sure she'll accept) :D . Payment accepted through PayPal.

If you're interested, e-mail me at [email protected] or post a reply here and I'll get back to you with payment instructions.

Polly

R K
02-15-2003, 06:54 AM
I think there was mention of third-party software that can let your PPC sync with Groupwise. If your friend really wants to keep her Axim, you can search the forums here for her. I can help you out as well, give me a reply if you're seriously thinking of looking.

Polly
02-15-2003, 07:34 AM
RK -

That's what I understood, too, but she researched it and spent a lot of time on the phone with Dell, and apparently, it really won't work well enough for her needs. I'm lucky that I have a home computer that I sync my Axim to, so I don't care if I sync at work.

If I had the extra $$$ I'd buy hers for my husband, but no such luck right now. Just bailed my Labrador out of the emergency vet hospital to the tune of $450. Thank heavens she lived.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I may look into it some more this weekend just in case there is another solution.

Polly

TopDog
02-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Intellisync does the trick:

http://www.pumatech.com/is_desktop_main.html

Sync with Novell Groupwice... haven't tested it myself...

Polly
02-15-2003, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the tip...I will let her know. I can't believe she can even THINK of parting with her Axim...you wouldn't be able to pry mine out of my cold, dead hands!

Polly

TopDog
02-16-2003, 12:25 PM
That's what I understood, too, but she researched it and spent a lot of time on the phone with Dell, and apparently, it really won't work well enough for her needs.
Those people at support (either it's Dell, HP, Toshiba, Fujitsu Siemens) don't know **** about software for the PocketPC's... you can get lucky and meet a PPC-freak at the other end, but 9 out of 10 times, I've gotten dummies that don't know anything besides connecting to ActiveSync and making a hard-reset :-(