View Full Version : My boss just got a new iPaq

JackTheTripper
02-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Not that anybody should care. It's just funny.

V.P. of Marketing coming to me and saying "I hate this thing. :x IT moved all the stuff from my palm over to it but now I can't get it to do certin things. You have one. How do I work it?"

Me: What do you want it to do?

Her: My Palm used to (Insert function here)
I show her how

Her: and this...
I show her how

And this...
I show her

Me: And... it can do this, and this, and this, and this...

You get the idea. After about ten minutes she says "I love this thing. :D "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, just thought I'd share. Please resume... whatever you were doing. :)

GoldKey
02-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Then you should show her a Dell and say she could have done the same things for half as much!

Kaber
02-15-2003, 12:41 AM
Then you should show her a Dell and say she could have done the same things for half as much!

And then she would say, "We don't allow that kind of druggie trash in this office. Go sell your dope smokers PDA somewhere else. YOU'RE FIRED POTHEAD!"

http://216.136.200.194/auction/Feb/20032102471705218733402.jpg

iPAQs kick ass!

vincentsiaw
02-15-2003, 12:48 AM
wait untill she catch you playing game in the meeting, the next thing you know, no PPC is allowed in metting room!

PPCdev
02-15-2003, 02:12 AM
Tell her not to feel too bad, the Palm still has its uses! It can be used to scotch a tire so her car wont roll down the hill, block a door so the wind wont slam it shut, a great paper weight, can be used to tap stuck lids on jars to loosen them up, and many others. Anywhere you need a small brick, the Palm is there for you!

Pony99CA
02-15-2003, 04:13 AM
I love that Dell Dude photo and the Top 5 Uses for Palm. :rofl:

Steve

Rirath
02-15-2003, 04:15 AM
Well, since is hasn't been said yet..
Kaber, that post and that picture both was in really poor taste.

Some of you will no doubt say I'm not one to judge taste, but just my opinion none the less.

Kaber
02-15-2003, 06:03 AM
[Insert comment which would be removed by moderator for being too mean to Rirath]

Does Rirath own a Dell? Maybe we should AXIM?

spursdude
02-15-2003, 06:49 AM
Ok, ok, ok, to each his own. Rirath likes Dell, Kaber likes iPaq...no need to get fussy.

I much prefer Toshibas. Ha! So there! :D

Rirath
02-15-2003, 06:56 AM
Has nothing at all to do with Dell. I would have said the same thing if it was the President of HP.
I'll spell it out for you. A giant joint is not my idea of humor and to me is in quite poor taste.

pez
02-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Okay time for my few cents..

Ipaq's have there few features that are really nifty like that fingerprinting and built in blue tooth..

Dell has a great price with the same speed but not all the options

There.. since thats settled... now to the pic..

I dont see how everyone thinks the dell dude is annoying or that he is the root of all evil from dell.. Frankly the marketing people thought of "Dude your getting a Dell" phrase.. and not him. Why are we trashing this guy when he is doing what we all would have if we were in his shoes.. Frankly I would have and im sure anyone would have said that phrase multiple times to get the same amount of cash that he got from those ads..

So how about we not relate dell only to the dell guy and think that everyone who owns a dell smokes pot.. cause thats fairily immature..

Its like saying "You own a HP? Dang are you gonna quit and go be the new CEO of a bankrupt money stealing company?"
(HP president resigning to go to worldcom)

Yea.. see how corny that was.. that picture was just as corny along with the comment. :roll:

Steven Cedrone
02-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Let's get back on topic folks...

I think the whole "Dell Dude" thing is getting old...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

Kaber
02-15-2003, 05:20 PM
It was Funny!

Legalize it!

SteelForceX
02-16-2003, 04:22 AM
Jeez its not like it was a real joint! Its just a picture!!!! It contains no nuddity and it does not make fun of you or anyone your related to (hopefully)!!!

Jeez if that was a real one im sure somebody on this board woulda smoked it already! lol

Rirath
02-16-2003, 04:24 AM
Who says I'm against "nuddity". :lol: It was a simple comment, and as usual I stand by what I said. I didn't chew him out, I didn't go off on any rant, it was just a simple remark that I believe was more than fair. Chill.

SteelForceX
02-16-2003, 04:25 AM
Who says I'm against "nuddity". :lol:

Im just saying, imo that this shouldn't offend anyone!

Rirath
02-16-2003, 04:30 AM
Im just saying, imo that this shouldn't offend anyone!

So, in your opinion his opinion shouldn't offend anyone. You have to realize how little sense this makes. It's like me saying that in my opinion, you should be offended. It just doesn't work that way.

Steven Cedrone
02-16-2003, 04:30 AM
Thanks for getting back on topic...

Thread locked...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator