View Full Version : Journal Bar error

MPSmith
02-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Just got JB (v1.1) and Battery Pack (v4.1)

After using the Links portion of JB (ie movie reviews, TV, WSJ, etc.), file explorer will thereafter try to link to PIE. Since my PPC is not connected, a connection pop-up error appears.

The only way I can find to fix it is to put it in the cradle and use the Explore function of AS. I find a blank url file (has no file name) under Windows/Favorites. If I give it any filename (eg "link"), the problem temporarily goes away until I use JB again.

Any ideas on how to avoid that problem?

muaddip
02-14-2003, 07:09 PM
This is a weird bug. I have been using JournalBar for weeks now and I have never had a problem like that.

Have you emailed thier support yet? They are usually very good at responding and fixing bugs like this. I am not sure what the email addy is, but I think it may be [email protected] check thier website just to be sure, www.omegaone.com

Sorry I was not more help.

MPSmith
02-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Thanks, I had sent them an e-mail already, but haven't received an answer yet.

Mike

MPSmith
02-16-2003, 04:14 AM
No answer yet, but I've found a bunch of people with similar problems. Many are complaining that the scroll bar items don't update as advertised. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Heck, I only paid $8 for it (20% off when you buy it with Battery Pack). But I'd like it to stop turning my Ax on when its trying to find a connection!!! :wink:

beckp
02-17-2003, 05:08 PM
I had an issue where the weather didn't update for day's but everything else did. I finailly did a soft reboot and resynced and it updated fine.