View Full Version : Can anyone compare the cases from GALANTEYA, Krusell, and HandheldPlanet?

jhc
02-14-2003, 07:53 AM
Dear all:

I am a new 3970 user and I am looking for a good case for it. I surfed the internet for a long time and came to conclusion that the cases from GALANTEYA, Krusell, and HandheldPlanet are the ones I like and the one that fit my budget.

Can anyone compare the 3 cases in terms of the leather quality and durability?

Some old postes on this forum said the "clip" on HandheldPlanet case is not durable. I like the "tan" case of GALANTEYA, but it seems that the case may block some area of the pocket pc. Is it true?

Which one has the best leather quality and the durability? Can anyone help me? Thank you so very much!

Best regards,

Alex

bb1910
02-14-2003, 07:47 PM
i had a Krussell case for my old 3765 and it was GREAT .. wonderful high qual. leather, well made, etc.

I wish they had one for my h1910 ...

jhc
02-16-2003, 03:36 AM
bb1910:

Thank you so much for your reply.

The Krussell case seems good, but personally I like the "tan" color more than the black. That's why I probably will get one from GALANTEYA.

How come only one can reply my question? If ver few people have experience with the three cases, can anyone has experience with any one of the cases share his/her opinion instead? I really appreciate your help.

Can anyone give me reasons "not" to buy the GALANTEYA case? If not, I will place an order for their "tan" color case.

Best regards,

Alex

bmhome1
02-16-2003, 06:00 AM
I have two Galantaya cases for my 3955 (dual sleeve and CF sleeve). They are a bargain at $30 each shipped (from superbuyonline.com). The leather quality is nice and fit good. The belt clip is exceptionally strong and secure. They may not equal or match the much higher cost cases, but get the job done for me. I actually perfer a case I don't feel bad about maybe getting scuffed in use, and doesn't shout "steal me."

nosmohtac
02-16-2003, 07:39 AM
I have the h3 case from galanteya, and am very happy with it. This is the one for the ipaq + cf sleeve. I am using it with a 3970 and a memplug dual cf sleeve, which is slightly slimmer than a compaq cf sleeve, so it has a somewhat loose fit.
There is an online store that sells these through ebay and I got mine from them with a buy it now price of $19 + $6 shipping. Great price for a good case with a good belt clip.

jhc
02-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Thank you guys.

I just placed an order for Galantaya case. Once I get it, I will share my experience with you all.

nosmohtac, are you from Netherland? May I ask you how long did you wait for the Galantaya case once you placed an order?

nosmohtac
02-17-2003, 10:47 PM
I ordered it on a Friday, it arrived on Monday. I'm not from Netherlands, why do you ask? If its my username, its my first 2 initials and last name spelled backwards CAThomson.

jhc
03-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Dear all:

I got my ipaq case from several weeks ago. I like the case.

Frankly speaking, the leather is not as good as I expected. But I am sure that I can not ask more for the price I paid.

The tan leather is good looking after a while of usage, especially after I applied some oil, it become very beautiful.

The bad thing about it is its delivery. It actually was put under my mail box in front of my mansion, which is very dangerous in my country. I mean no one call me to notify me they are sending it to me. They simply put it under the mail box which is just beside the road and pedestrians go by very often. I am so lucky that it was not stolen. This maybe fine in US BUT not in other countries, I believe.

Bye.