View Full Version : remote Software?

atct86
02-13-2003, 10:14 PM
What is a good Tv remote software for teh E740?

How will they work with the Ir on the side?

Happy_e335_Owner
02-13-2003, 10:41 PM
I use TV Remote Controller from www.pdawin.com

You can download an application to create the definitions and the layouts on your PC, and then transfer it to your PPC.

There are a number of devices pre-configured (or downloadable), but if you cannot find one for your particular component, you can create one, and use the Learn functionality to set it up.

It's very easy to use, full-featured, and not all that expensive, I paid for it, and am happy that I did!

atct86
02-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Since the ir port is on the side, do i have to have it pointed directly at it?

ALos how far does the beam go, and is the Ir beam sent in a straight line or a big area?[/u]

Happy_e335_Owner
02-15-2003, 08:05 AM
I haven't done extensive testing on it, but I just casually rest my ppc on the arm of the couch, and the signal always gets to where I want it to....

neil ivymount
02-16-2003, 08:35 PM
My e310 works fine from about 10 feet away. Haven't tried it any further.

mashtim
02-16-2003, 09:17 PM
I've been using Griffin Technology's Total Remote for about a month now, and it's pretty cool. I've been meaning to write a review for it ,l so keep an eye out, but I'll give you the salient points right now:
1) the range is fantastic! 20-30 feet, easily
2) the UI is done very nicely; you already have most of the buttons you'll need, but you also have the ability to add both buttons and macros
3) they figured out a way to power an IR port through the headphone jack , so the built-in IR being on the side doesn't matter on the e740.
4) in order to USE the headphone jack, they had to make a removeable IR port, which is VERY VERY VERY easy to lose.
5) since it uses the headphone jack, any alarms you have set will be purely visual while the IR add-on is plugged in

Bottom Line? If you have a table next to your favorite chair that you can keep the IR add-on on/in so that you don't have to keep track of it, Total Remote can easily replace all your remotes.