View Full Version : I910 Questions......

AndrewLubinus89
02-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey I have some questions about the 1910. I didn't like it until I saw it and it is really nice :-).
1. Is it compatible with most programs?
2. I heard it was pretty fast when it was overclocked. So it doesn't have too much of a speed issue now?
3. Sound is good isn't it?
4. Will most games play on it (ie. Age Of Empires, Argentum, sim city, snails, ect.)
5. Can I upgrade it to the next ppc os?
6. What is the cheapest price I can expect?
Thnx,
Andrew

pez
02-13-2003, 11:21 AM
From what I have heard about Ipaqs past.. and the 1910

1) Yes because a 206mhz can pretty much run most of your apps needed.. and Ipaqs happen to be probably one of the most popular PPC's on the market
2) The only problem with overclocking is battery life.. which could be a downfall..
3) The speakers on any PPC isnt usually spectacular, but I hear its not too scratchy.
4) Yes most games can play on that 206mhz.. The rom and ram issues maybe be a problem as it only has a SD slot I believe.. especially if you want alot :]
5) This I have no clue about.. I sure hope you could :D
6) 300 dollars or if you get lucky.. something cheaper on Ebay.. look for some bargains on those bargain pages :]

Pez

ipaq38vette
02-13-2003, 01:40 PM
As for upgrding to the next PPC OS, I would say no because it, with 16mb ROM, can't even fully fit the OS it has now.

AndrewLubinus89
02-13-2003, 01:54 PM
As for upgrding to the next PPC OS, I would say no because it, with 16mb ROM, can't even fully fit the OS it has now.
But if it can't fit the os it has now than why shouldn't we be able to just store more of the new os on the ram?