View Full Version : CASIO E-200 turning itself on without cause

urologyhealth
02-13-2003, 02:03 AM
Turning itself on
I have a 7BP126 Casio e-200 and this is the third one I've had that turns itself on without cause. it then depletes battery. I've tried setting Power to go off after 1 or 2 minutes on external or on battery and it doesn't happen. I assume I have to return it. Previous units have had backlight issues as well as this problem.

Any suggestions?

blazingwolf
02-13-2003, 03:24 AM
Make sure that you have no programs running in the background, such as WMP. If this is running the unit will not shut off. If this is not it you might need to return it.

mike6024
02-13-2003, 05:06 AM
I have that same problem with Dell Axim. The auto-power off doesn't seem to turn it off. And I've checked the process list and there's nothing conspicuous in there. However I did back it up, then did a hard reset and that seemed to fix it. Then I put the old image back on and it did it again. Silly CE.

Thefo
02-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Tap Start-ActiveSynch-Tools-Options on your E200... go to the second tab over marked Server and uncheck anything that may be in there and remove the server name (if preent)...go to the third tab Schedule and uncheck "When not connected to my PC, syncronize with the server every: as this causes the machine to stay on or wake up and try to synch with a Mobile Information Server (which you most likely don't use) You should also go Start-Settings-Connections-Beam and uncheck the box to receive all incoming beams.