View Full Version : How do you play SWF files with macromedia's player?

rooks308
02-11-2003, 11:46 PM
I know this has probably been posted before but I can't find the thread. I have the SWF player installed and I loaded some SWF files onto my unit. I can't find a player anywhere so I tried using internet explorer thinking that maybe the player was a plug-in like in a desktop. I still cannot get the files to play. What am I doing wrong. Help guys and gals...

jornadaholic
02-12-2003, 12:11 AM
im not 100% sure but i think the only way to view them is if there put in a .html document

Rirath
02-12-2003, 04:31 AM
Just have to embed them properly into a html. Not simply open through IE, but hard coded into the html.

rooks308
02-12-2003, 04:41 AM
hmmm.......... how do i do that? It seems overly complicated even though I should know how to do this.... Could you explain, or is it simply a matter of saving the file as a html or opening the file on the desktop in IE and then saving it as html. On my casio e200 there is an actual player that simply plays the files. I thought that it would be this simple on a newer system.

Dave Beauvais
02-12-2003, 08:23 PM
It's not free, but Ant Mobile Software (http://www.antmobile.com/) has a program called FlashAssist which allows you to play Flash files directly without making you jump through the hoops required to play them in IE. It costs about US$15.00. I've used it before, but haven't gotten around to installing it on my current Pocket PC yet.

--Dave

Rirath
02-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Rooks, you're pretty far off base. Too much to explain here as it's a big pain in the neck and I rarely use Flash. (I really hate it.) It's done just like it's done on a desktop flash page. If you don't know how, just find a already done flash file for ppc on the web and look at the source. There should be the flash file and a .html.

I'd suggest just using the above mentioned software.