View Full Version : Problems with reading documents in word

Noghri_ViR
02-11-2003, 10:19 PM
I tend to download and read the star wars fan fictions stories from theforce.net. Some of them are fairly long so I can't read them in one sitting. When I had my palm all I had to do was to turn off the program and when I wanted to read it again it would pop right back to the same spot. Now with my Axim I'm using word to read these stories. But it doesn't come back to the spot where I left off. Does anyone know a way to "bookmark" the spot where I stop reading?

spursdude
02-12-2003, 04:27 AM
I highly suggest you get the Reader add-in to Word at this link (http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/wdReader.aspx). You can convert your Word files into .lit books, and then read them in Reader. In my opinion, Reader is a lot better than Word for simply reading things. Reader will also remember your page, and also allow you to do some fun (yet seemingly unnecessary stuff) like highlighting and creating notes.

vincentsiaw
02-12-2003, 04:34 AM
i really do like the MS Reader solution, but i hate the memory leak in MS reader, sometimes it will show you message like 'out of memory' :roll:

Noghri_ViR
02-12-2003, 04:59 AM
Thanks guys for the help. I'm going to give it a go and see what I think about it