View Full Version : AvantGo works, website doesn't

jeffdiogenes
02-11-2003, 04:37 PM
I have a strange problem with accessing the consumer part of Avantgo(http://my.avantgo.com/home/) from only this PC. You know, "Page cannot be displayed". I can get to www.avantgo.com but no further....Any other PC I use on this same network (At work) or anywhere else all can access that site. I've deleted my cookies, deleted my cache, uninstalled/reinstalled Avantgo Integrated, uninstalled/reinstalled ActiveSync multiple times. The only thing I haven't done for other reasons is format the harddrive and reinstall Windows.

Im using Windows XP SP1, ActiveSync 3.6. Pentium 4 Dell.....

More fun facts: I used to have a handspring visor w/ avantgo installed on this system, but before I even synced the first time with the Jornada, I uninstalled HotSync and all Related Palm software including Avantgo for Palm and rebooted. I'm sure it has something to do with that, but as far as i can tell there is no trace of potentially conflicting software anywhere on this system. I'm missing something....

I'm just hoping someone has a fix/idea other than to reinstall XP. I'm not doing that if i can just walk to the next office and make Avantgo account changes from there....

I guess it's just annoying. TIA.

Ounce
02-11-2003, 05:09 PM
Just wondering. You say you uninstalled your Handspring software before you synced your Jornada. Did you install the PPC software before you removed the Handspring stuff? If so maybe your uninstalling and deletions took out something that Activesync was using/would have used to access Avantgo? (I know my Axim came with Avantgo so it might be tied into the PPC installation process) Just a guess, no solution in mind...although I suppose you could try checking the registry to see if an Avantgo key points to something you deleted.

I have my old Visor Deluxe co-existing with my new Dell Axim, both Avantgo accounts work as well so I know it's not impossible.

Good luck.
Ounce

(I'm not getting rid of my Visor, I need it to sync my SoundsGood...plus I love my titanium case....want one for my Axim :twisted: )

jeffdiogenes
02-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Did you install the PPC software before you removed the Handspring stuff? If so maybe your uninstalling and deletions took out something that Activesync was using/would have used to access Avantgo?

Uninstalled EVERYTHING palm/avantgo related, rebooted, then hooked up my jornada

Polly
02-11-2003, 08:25 PM
Okay, this is pretty obscure, but I had a similar problem because of the Popup Stopper software I have installed.

Try holding down Ctrl and Alt when you click on the link and see if it will let you in. That's what I have to do.

Polly