View Full Version : Hitachi Communicator Question

boldbidder
02-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Good morning all! I've got a question about that upcoming PPCPE from Hitachi. Does any know if it will support SDIO? This device looks to have everything I want in a PPCPE (integrated thumboard). I'm not terribly excited about the Sprint service, as I've since switched to T-Mobile, but this could be the device that wins me back. If they've got SDIO, I can get my 256MB + Wifi SD Card and be in virtual mobile productivity heaven..... :D

Janak Parekh
02-11-2003, 06:15 PM
I don't think we've seen confirmed specifications on it yet. :cry:

Let's hope, since it's a new device..

--janak

GQ19
02-11-2003, 07:41 PM
what doesn't excite you about the Samsung PPCPE? As far as i can tell the only difference is an integrated thumboard. AND the Samsung supports SDIO.. if the thumboard is your thing, Hitachi is the way to go.. i just can't see switching from a sleek iPaq to something that looks like that Hitachi.. :P

boldbidder
02-11-2003, 08:10 PM
what doesn't excite you about the Samsung PPCPE? As far as i can tell the only difference is an integrated thumboard. AND the Samsung supports SDIO.. if the thumboard is your thing, Hitachi is the way to go.. i just can't see switching from a sleek iPaq to something that looks like that Hitachi.. :P

The Samsung looks good too, however I really like having an integrated thumboard. Before my T-Mobile PPCPE I was a Treo 180 user and really liked it. The device had a lot of short comings (almost too many to list), but a few of the bright spots were the thumboard and jog dial. These made quick one-handed navigation a breeze. The thumboard is integral for me because the majority of the messages I type on my PPCPE are quick e-mails or SMS messages for which I've discovered I'm personally faster with a thumboard vs. Transcriber, Fitaly, et al... I know some of my colleagues are faster with handwriting software, but me I'm a lefty and have inherently terribly handwriting, so until a package is invented with some kind of synaptic connection so I can type my thoughts...... :lol:....I'll be better off with the thumboard.