View Full Version : Any info / rumor for upcoming XDA???

nukie
02-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Thinking of getting a XDA but heard my friend said there is a new model coming up very soon, probably in 1 - 2 months time, where can I get the info / rumor for the upcoming XDA model???

Jason Dunn
02-10-2003, 12:50 AM
02 has released a 64 MB model, so I'd imagine that will show up over here eventually...

Janak Parekh
02-10-2003, 01:00 AM
Moreover, a CDMA version has been approved by the FCC and will presumably hit the market sometime in 2003.

--janak

nukie
02-10-2003, 01:29 AM
02 has released a 64 MB model, so I'd imagine that will show up over here eventually...

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply, btw, the 64MB model has been selling in my country (Malaysia) few months ago, in fact this is the only model that I can get now. My friend told me that there is a new model coming out very soon (he forgot the url), just want to verify this.

nukie
02-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Moreover, a CDMA version has been approved by the FCC and will presumably hit the market sometime in 2003.

--janak

Hi Janak, where can I read the article, although CDMA is not supported in my country, I like to get more info about the new model before I make a decision. TQ.

GQ19
02-10-2003, 03:18 AM
perhaps your friend is talking about the new Samsung SPH-i700 or maybe even the new Hitachi model? Probably not considering these are CDMA PPCPE devices but you never know. Also, i doubt if there is an XDA device that the members and staff od PPCT don't know about.. :lol:

rustek
06-10-2003, 04:57 PM
I have it on authority from 2 independent dealers in the UK that a 64Mb ROM XDA sporting tri-band and bluetooth should be in the UK by end 2003

johnwallis
06-19-2003, 09:54 PM
64Mb ROM XDA sporting tri-band and bluetooth should be in the UK by end 2003

Thanks. Wouldn't this be great? Any harder info/leads from anyone v interesting.
John

possmann
06-20-2003, 01:38 AM
:soapbox:

Waiting for something really cool to come out that has a decent form facotr. I got to say that the boys over at Palm have a really cool looking device with SDIO - the Tungesten 600 i think. Large sigh... I am not going to get an XDA with more memory - and certainly will not wait for that IF that is the only things they have to show this year. I need SDIO, a screen that is current with today's technology and on board bluetooth would be great so I could use a bluetooth headset without having to sacrifice the SDIO slot for that.

But I guess I'll be waiting for a long time on that one - don't like the i700 - too box-like amoung other things...

end of rant - sorry.

Monty Gibson
06-20-2003, 04:26 PM
I think that no matter what the rumors, no matter what the release date; eventually HTC will incorporate some sort of wireless technology id. est., Bluetooth/Wi-Fi by way of force from T-Mobile and their customers desires. They will have more RAM on board, SD will be I/O eventually and the screens will come. This was and is the first device. It will grow. I have no qualms about it and am still very happy with mine. Use it every day extensively and T-Mobile is the best company going. They were the first to bring something like this to market and the first to bring all you can eat $19.99 internet access. They are on top of the game and actually care about their customers. I think we will see great things from them in the (near) future.

possmann
06-20-2003, 04:35 PM
No beef about T-mobile, I could not agree with you more! I've been a happy customer of theirs for over a year now and no desire to switch - thit in part is helping to fuel my frustration with the PPCPE devices out there... Oh when will we get ours?

sobk
06-21-2003, 08:18 AM
T-Mobile is the best company going. They were the first to bring something like this to market

I assume you mean in the US only? O2 were the first to bring that HTC device to the market in the form of the XDA.

Monty Gibson
06-21-2003, 03:32 PM
T-Mobile is the best company going. They were the first to bring something like this to market

I assume you mean in the US only? O2 were the first to bring that HTC device to the market in the form of the XDA.

T-Mobile is a German company based in the U.S. so, yes, my reference was to the U.S. only.

Cortex
06-23-2003, 01:57 AM
here ya go...

http://akiba.sorobangeeks.com/e/news_3127.html