View Full Version : Keyboard

Gallivant
02-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Since Targus doesn't seem to be making an Axim-capable Stowaway any time soon, and I don't care for a lot of things about the PockeTop, does anyone have the keyboard Dell's pimping? It is the same product as the Belkin offered by Compaq and HP, right? What's it like in action?

MPSmith
02-09-2003, 06:17 PM
I've heard that its a little smaller than the other foldouts (about 3" smaller). I don't know how good it is though. I'll bet that other foldouts will be out soon though!

Underwater Mike
02-09-2003, 09:26 PM
I have it. Although it's not as roomy as the Stowaway, my only gripe with Dell's board is that the right-side shift key is too small for my liking. Otherwise, I think it's great -- certainly much better, for me, than the PocketTop keyboard, which was waaaay too small.

BTW, take a look (at CompUSA or BBY) at the HP clamshell keyboard for the iPAQ. If you can live with that one, you can live with the Dell, since they're the same design.

shawnc
02-09-2003, 10:37 PM
BTW, take a look (at CompUSA or BBY) at the HP clamshell keyboard for the iPAQ. If you can live with that one, you can live with the Dell, since they're the same design.

Mike is right. I have the Dell KB (though it took over a month to get it :evil: ....oops, seperate rant for another day). It's a little smaller than the stowaway I had for my Ipaq, but I like it much better. I had considered one of the wireless options (pockettop, etc) simply because I got frustrated with the wait. In the end, I'm glad I waited. The thought of arranging my Dell so the IR port lines up with an attached mirror, well, that just seemed a bit much for me.