View Full Version : Pocket PC Thoughts Links Section Launches

Jason Dunn
02-10-2003, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/links.php' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/links.php</a><br /><br /></div>Yes, it's true, we've finally launched our links section! It took far too long, and I apologize for that, but I think you'll like what we've done. It's been live since Friday, so we've been kicking the tires and submitting a few sites to get things rolling. Everything looks good, so here's the official announcement!<br /><br />We've created the links section to be a collecting point for any type of Pocket PC-related link. Whether you're the Webmaster of a big Pocket PC Web site, or a personal Pocket PC blog, we want your link. I've also added a section for non-Pocket PC sites, so if you have a personal blog or any other type of site (we're open to pretty much anything other than adult-related sites) please feel free to submit it. All links will be manually approved by me, and we don't currently have the ability to edit the links, so please ensure you've picked the correct category(s) and have spell-checked your short summary. :wink:<br /><br />My hope is that this links section will have hundreds of links within the next few weeks, and it will be a useful resource for everyone. We purposely didn't create software categories though - I don't want to try and keep up with Handango. Most developer software sites will go under "Software Developer".<br /><br /><i>One note about the link back URL: if you're submitting the site of a major OEM or big online store, they obviously won't have a link to us, so submit it anyway. The link back URL is mostly for smaller sites with whom I want to trade links.</i>

pocketpcdude1024
02-10-2003, 04:15 PM
I like it - but aren't you supposed to be in Reymond Paradise, unable to post info? :wink:

Rirath
02-10-2003, 04:21 PM
Will we be able to edit our info, or ask an admin to? For example, my site is obviously unfriendly to mobiles but sooner or later it should be. Hmm, or maybe the link to the mobile version should be seperate, so there's no issues of getting to the link.

Jonathan1
02-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Would it be possible to have a search feature? The reason I ask is that there are instances where I know the name of the site but the address eludes me.

Janak Parekh
02-10-2003, 04:42 PM
I like it - but aren't you supposed to be in Reymond Paradise, unable to post info? :wink:
Don't you know about the "ghost" of Jason? :D

Seriously, he queued up the post to appear at the specified time.

--janak

Peter Foot
02-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Will we be able to edit our info, or ask an admin to? For example, my site is obviously unfriendly to mobiles but sooner or later it should be. Hmm, or maybe the link to the mobile version should be seperate, so there's no issues of getting to the link.

At the moment only Admins can edit the info. If you submit your site now, and want to add it to the Mobile Friendly category later you can submit the details using the form again - put in the description section that it is an update...

FredMurphy
02-10-2003, 04:52 PM

--janak
I noticed there were a lot of "ghost" posts. I thought they were more competitions! :lol:

van_mierlo
02-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Here (http://www.pocketpc-club.nl/tips.php?action=1&id=95) are the links of pocketpc friendly sites we at the Dutch Pocket PC already collected.

Jonathan1
02-10-2003, 05:04 PM
There should be a "General PDA" entry. Example. http://www.infosync.no/
Good site. But its neither non-pocket pc or Pocket PC specific.

Jonathan1
02-10-2003, 05:20 PM
There should also be a Shareware Software category.

www.ipaqsoft.net is a collection of both paid and freeware software.

szamot
02-10-2003, 05:22 PM
kick ass! Just what the doctor ordered for failing memory. One place to go to.
Thanks

Kaber
02-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Finally! Oh, and wtg!

Thanks!

Rirath
02-10-2003, 07:55 PM
kick ass! Just what the doctor ordered for failing memory. One place to go to.
Thanks

Also check out pocketgamer.org's amazing one stop game homepage redirector. Just type something like

www.pocketgamer.org/snails

into the address and boom you're at the developer's website.

freitasm
02-10-2003, 07:59 PM
There should be a "General PDA" entry. Example. http://www.infosync.no/
Good site. But its neither non-pocket pc or Pocket PC specific.

Hmmm... I've submitted my link as "News"... But it's not only Pocket PC, for sure.

Mike Wagstaff
02-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Also check out pocketgamer.org's amazing one stop game homepage redirector. Just type something like

www.pocketgamer.org/snails

into the address and boom you're at the developer's website.
Wow! Cool! Glad it's not just me that uses that! :D ;)

pocketpcdude1024
02-11-2003, 03:10 AM

--janak

Hmm, a "ghost" Jason... sounds interesting. I wouldn't put it past Jason to "haunt" this site on other user IDs to post things that are not of the integrity of the "Jason Dunn" ID. :twisted:

Can we expect any more appearances from the Jason Ghost? 8O

Janak Parekh
02-11-2003, 04:03 AM
Hmm, a "ghost" Jason... sounds interesting. I wouldn't put it past Jason to "haunt" this site on other user IDs to post things that are not of the integrity of the "Jason Dunn" ID. :twisted:
Nah, Jason doesn't do that. We can track IPs. Of course, you have to trust my statement on this. ;) Jason's ghost is also a friendly guy, btw...

--janak

Rirath
02-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Nah, Jason doesn't do that. We can track IPs.

I'll join in on the conspiracy theory. :) Perhaps he reviews the admin team by "leaving" for a week. ;)
I'm sure a guy like Jason knows how to properly daisy chain a few anon proxies. 8)