View Full Version : Mazingo Channel Depth Changed

Jason Dunn
02-09-2003, 12:20 AM
I've just changed the channel depth on Mazingo to be one level deep, which will allow you to get to the second page. This has the side effect of also including the discussions linked from the first page, which will make the channel take up more space. Is this better, or worse? We need to come up with a way of segmenting out our content more - offline clients sure complicate matters! 8O

pradike
02-09-2003, 01:04 AM
:D This is a great move on your part..especially since your site is the one I want to read the most via offline on my Ipaq.

Jason Dunn
02-09-2003, 03:47 AM
:D This is a great move on your part..especially since your site is the one I want to read the most via offline on my Ipaq.

Ok, so one level deep is a good balance between getting content and not having the channel be too big?

jet8810
02-09-2003, 05:36 AM
how big is the channel?

compaqipaq
02-10-2003, 12:39 AM
I think it is a great move to change the link depth to "one level deep". :D

Underwater Mike
02-13-2003, 02:24 PM
I don't know if the change in link depth is the culprit, but my Mazingo folder on the SD card now contains more than 5,000 files! This is up from a typical 200 or so, and is resulting in sync times over several hours, even over a WiFi connection.

I'm deleting all the files (complete re-sync) then removing the PPCT channel from Mazingo to see if that changes anything. If it does, and PPCT is indeed pulling all that info in, maybe you should re-think the link depth thing? I'd hate to lose the channel on my Axim, but that's just too much information!

I'll post again when I've figured out what's up.

Underwater Mike
02-24-2003, 08:36 PM
No, PPCT wasn't the problem. :oops: Just Mazingo wigging out again. I'm almost ready to give AvantGo another try.

Jonathon Watkins
03-02-2003, 04:44 AM
Well I've just started using Mazingo and with BBC news, this site and the Register I ahve just over 600 files in the Mazingo folder. The depth seems just right to me. The problem is scrolling to the left and right to read the comments, as the words do not wrap on the scren. :?

Still, it's good to be able to have it at all. :)