View Full Version : Pocket PCs for Smaller Pocket Books

Ed Hansberry
02-10-2003, 08:00 AM
<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/06/technology/circuits/06stat.html">http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/06/technology/circuits/06stat.html</a><br /><br />Here is another sign the media is thinking for themselves. It includes the typical dialog at the beginning you might expect.<br /><br />"A Palm is small, simple and inexpensive. A Pocket PC is bigger, heavier and pricier - but it has a lot more features." He continues. "At least, that's what you used to say... First, Palm models caught up in power and screen quality. And now there's a new generation of small Pocket PC's that cost as little as $250. That's an astonishing break from the tradition of $700 Pocket PC's like the trendy Compaq iPaq."<br /><br />He then goes on to a quick overview of the iPAQ 1910, ViewSonic V35 and brace of Dell Axim X-5s.

CodeSurge
02-10-2003, 09:40 AM
The battery isn't removable, and you get a cable for synching and charging rather than a cradle. But the screen is bright and crisp, the manual is nice, and goodness knows, the price is right.

They say that - AND show a picture of the V35 in its cradle at the bottom right hand corner of the page!
What gives?

I think they need a better reviewer. :P

sponge
02-10-2003, 12:46 PM
He's gotten over the initial incorrect comparison between Palm and PPC, so he's fine in my book :P

Foo Fighter
02-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Good God! This is coming from David Pogue no less, the Mac troll. Will wonders ever cease? :roll:

possmann
02-10-2003, 08:32 PM
or should I say feet?

It never ceases to amaze me - although with the media, I guess I shouldn't reel back in shock....

I still have to educate people that a Palm Pilot is NOT the same as a Pocket PC - I often get my iPAQ referred to as a Palm Pilot... I suppose that this will continue as they were first on the market - they also had a chance, but blew it and now MS is totally blowing them out of the water... Too Bad, So Sad :cry: