View Full Version : Newbie: eVC++: Open text file, put in text window, how to?

PPCdev
02-08-2003, 03:27 AM
Im guessing eVC has something similar to VB's Text Box. Without going into detail as to how to manage directories, how would I open a simple text file (named readme.txt for example) and populate a Text Box with it's contents?

Keep in mind, if theres any impact, Im building MFC apps..

Friends, Im learning, and Im getting *very excited* with this! :-) I see my own advanced "Hello World" application running on my PPC right now! HAHA! This is good, its all good!

Thanks,
Andrew

Kati Compton
02-08-2003, 04:00 AM
I was disappointed that the '>>' and '<<' operators are not supported in eVC for file IO. :( I looked into this at one point, but forgot what I concluded, other than that parsing a text file seems unnecessarily difficult (though reading the entire file shouldn't be).

PPCdev
02-08-2003, 04:39 AM
I was actually hoping for snippits or code examples as I dont know what commands or functions to use to even get started. :-)

Kati Compton
02-08-2003, 05:01 AM
I was actually hoping for snippits or code examples as I dont know what commands or functions to use to even get started. :-)

Look up stuff about CFile. That's all the info I have, I'm afraid.

PPCdev
02-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Thats getting me further... I searched the Help for cfile and got more information. Ill play with that over the weekend before I come badger the forum again.

Thanks!