View Full Version : What is the Best email application? like a 2 way?

vybe23
02-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Hello, I have both a RIM blackberry and pocket pc phone edition. The reason i still have BOTH is because of the fact that i cannot really get my pocket pc phone to act as a 2 way, or even be able to check my email every minute or so, to best try and replicate a 2 way pager.

Are there any applications out there that allow me to check email every minute by auto connecting to GPRS?

The included mail application really stinks.

tirsch
02-09-2003, 03:55 PM
I've been looking for this forever.

The fundamental flaw in the Phone Edition is that when it goes to sleep, the GPRS connection is terminated. So nothing can be pushed to the phone except SMS. SMS works becuase the phone is active always. With SMS you can get the 1st 250 bytes of your email, but that includes the sender, the subject, etc. so you don't see too much.

I'm going to dump my phone edition as soon as the "blackberry" functionality is available for the Pocket PC platform.

Palm has the TREO, just can deal with the PALM OS and lack of awesome color.

If you find anything please let me know or post here.

Regards,

Mark

topps
02-10-2003, 09:16 AM
I've been looking for this forever.

The fundamental flaw in the Phone Edition is that when it goes to sleep, the GPRS connection is terminated. So nothing can be pushed to the phone except SMS. SMS works becuase the phone is active always. With SMS you can get the 1st 250 bytes of your email, but that includes the sender, the subject, etc. so you don't see too much.

You could always use an Outlook filter so that only key messages are SMS'd to your phone. Then log on and have a proper look at the Inbox.

I'm going to dump my phone edition as soon as the "blackberry" functionality is available for the Pocket PC platform.

Can you clarify that?

As for mail clients, keep an eye on @Mail from PocketInformant. Very fast. Only just released with lots of development still to do. But Alex Kac and his team at www.pocketinformant.com have done a brilliant job with PI so we expect great things from this app.

rdef
02-20-2003, 06:03 AM
www.synchrologic.com

Synchrologic Email Accelerator

Evaluation Software
Synchrologic offers a free evaluation of Synchrologic Email Accelerator, the industry leading and award winning email and PIM synchronization solution for mobile devices.

Click here to download the software. You will be asked to provide your contact information first.

Synchrologic Email Accelerator connects a multitude of mobile devices to a variety of Email Servers. Select Synchrologic Email Accelerator features include:

Mobile access to email, calendar, tasks, notes, and to-do's from Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange, or POP accounts.
Automatic updating of devices including true push to Pocket PC Phones or Palm-based phones.
Support for a variety of mobile devices including Pocket PC, Palm, WAP, SyncML, alert devices, and laptops
'Smarter' PIM sync providing easy access to travel itineraries, maps, driving directions, and weather
Click here to download the software.

We've made it easy to get started.