View Full Version : hotmail

kneofyte
02-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Hi,

Have any of you been using hotmail lately on pocketpc. It used to work fine before but now I am able to browse to most of my other web pages but hotmail. It takes forever to search and finally it says 'page cannot be found'. I presumed the hotmail server at msn.mobile.com was down, but it happened ever so frequently. Any clue as to what could be wrong.

szeldov
02-08-2003, 01:43 AM
same here

kneofyte
02-09-2003, 01:21 AM
okay, since hotmail is all messed up, have any of you guys had any other web based free email working perfect without any glitches. Please let me know. I guess those sites should not require Java, as pocket IE doesnot support it.

szeldov
02-10-2003, 12:45 AM
Hotmail is working again, but I prefer to use POP3 & SMTP from yahoo, I find it much faster and more convinient this way.

kneofyte
02-11-2003, 05:36 AM
Yeah, hotmail is working alright now. Even I am switching over from hotmail. Its got too much spam and is very unreliable as far as its mobile server goes.

kneofyte
02-19-2003, 10:52 PM
Hey guys,

Switch over to ThunderHawk browser. Its way too fast and you can access ordinary web pages like www.hotmail.com on it. You dont have to go to mobile.msn.com. Its more reliable that way and way too cool. But ofcourse they have an annual subscription of $49.95 for the browser. I'm gonna try the 30 day trial before I go headlong onto it.