View Full Version : Private Message Spamming

Jason Dunn
02-07-2003, 04:17 AM
This is a warning to the person who is sending private forum messages to individuals trying to solicit traffic to his Pocket PC site: <i>conduct like this is completely unacceptable.</i> Anyone who is harassing other Pocket PC Thoughts members will have their account permanently locked. Private messages are meant for inter-board communication, not a conduit for spamming. To those that were spammed by this individual, I apologize - please contact me privately with his user ID and we'll take action. Thank you.

Pony99CA
02-07-2003, 03:44 PM
I wonder if the death penalty is too cruel for spammers -- or too kind. :lol:

Steve

feo
02-07-2003, 03:52 PM
If there was a way to give them AOL for life I think we should do it... :twisted:

RedRamage
02-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Hmm... maybe we can find a way to force them to have AOL, but they have to use a WebTV unit to access it. That would be nice.

bdegroodt
02-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Hmm... maybe we can find a way to force them to have AOL, but they have to use a WebTV unit to access it. That would be nice.I like it!

Speaking of Spam, I've been using PopFile for the last couple of weeks. Once you get it trained (Not that hard.) it really does work very well. Especially for free (I liked it enough to donate every dollar out of my PayPal account to the lead developer on it.). It's OSS and can be found on the SourceForge.net site.

Of course, it won't stop someone from dropping PM spam into your box here, but it's a start. BTW, this person (Whoever it is) is showing a spammers true IQ by not even stopping for a second to think about how a community of users at this board would react. Like he/she has half a chance of stealing viewers from this board. Please!