View Full Version : AirPrime’s Helium 1X Series Module Shipping Inside Hitachi’s new Multimedia Communicator Pocket PC

ThomasC22
02-07-2003, 01:38 AM
This just serves to push me a little further towards the Hitachi. I know I'm making the mistake of falling in love with a PDA before having seen it (and I know how that's blown up in people's faces here before) but I can't help it.

Thumbpad, 1x support, integrated screen cover, camera...I mean, how could you not fall in love?

I will miss the DPad though.

heov
02-07-2003, 01:49 AM
looking @ the earlier pictures... this thing looks like a brick! I know it's got a heck of a lot of stuff crammed in... but it looks awefully big to be either a phone or pda (imo).

Does anyone have any dimensions on it- if it's around the same size of the axim (read: not bigger)... i would think it's alright...

ThomasC22
02-07-2003, 01:53 AM
looking @ the earlier pictures... this thing looks like a brick! I know it's got a heck of a lot of stuff crammed in... but it looks awefully big to be either a phone or pda (imo).

Does anyone have any dimensions on it- if it's around the same size of the axim (read: not bigger)... i would think it's alright...

On the brick issue, it does look big but the integrated screen cover means you don't necessarily need a case and to be honest, in my pocket is the only place size really matters to me and most PDAs come with cases that double their size.

dznylvr
02-07-2003, 02:35 AM
I saw this thing @ CES last month and I can say that it is a brick.
From what I recall it was about the same shape as the E-115/125 but about 1 1/2"- 2" longer.

I can only say that I hope that was a proto and they plan to reduce the size.