View Full Version : Pocket IE Problem

AndrewShuttleworth
02-06-2003, 06:42 AM
I'm facing a problem with Pocket IE my Toshiba e550G (Japanese). Basically when I try to navigate to a web page the 'globe' flashes on and then disappears and the page is blank. This is independent of the page I am trying to visit or the internet connection (or even if I am not connected). It worked for a long time but has been behaving like that over the last month or so. I have lots of third party software installed so there is a chance that something I installed introdcued the error.

If anyone has experienced that or has any suggestions how I can try to fix it please let me know. I have a reg editor if necessary.

Andrew

Dave Beauvais
02-06-2003, 06:44 AM
The first thing I do is soft reset, but I'm sure you've tried this. Next, go into Pocket IE settings and clear your cache, cookies, and history. Tap OK to close settings, then soft reset again.

Other obscure IE problems have been solved by running the program "Welcome.exe" in the Windows folder of the Pocket PC.

--Dave

AndrewShuttleworth
02-07-2003, 06:20 AM
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've tried all the suggestions in the first paragraph (I should have said that in my first message), but it looks like I owe you a large beverage of your choice next time you are in Japan as welcome.exe did indeed solve the problem! Pocket IE now works fine and I feel a bit more connected again :D

Thanks again,

Andrew

Dave Beauvais
02-07-2003, 06:26 AM
Glad it worked! I wish I could take credit for discovering that fix. :)

--Dave