View Full Version : Unknown Device.... ?!?

othell
02-05-2003, 11:30 PM
I've had my Axim since before christmas and have had no problems with it. Syncing and everything has always gone smoothly. Yesterday I bought and installed JournalBar and everything seemed fine. This morning I sync again with no problems. I have now just gotten back from school and work and I get an error. It's basically an Unknown USB Device error. FYI, I'm running WinXP. The only other real change I've done to my system is have it join a Windows 2000 Server Domain (my 2nd PC is setup as a domain controller for a Senior Project test bed). That was a day or two ago, however, and I'm just now getting this error.

Any thoughts?

I'm going to try reinstalling ActiveSync first. I'm only using 3.5, which is what comes on the Dell CD.

Help!! :?

WindWalker
02-05-2003, 11:35 PM
I have seen this with my Maestro. Sometimes it has been as simple as a reboot and a soft reset. It has never persisted for very long in my case...

othell
02-05-2003, 11:45 PM
bleh...

I jumped the gun it seems...

now I feel lil an PC moron....

Thanks.

Pat Logsdon
02-06-2003, 01:10 AM
I think we're all PC morons - it's just a matter of degrees.
Me, I'm an 8th dan blackbelt. :D

pocketpcdude1024
02-06-2003, 01:55 AM
I think we're all PC morons - it's just a matter of degrees.
Me, I'm an 8th dan blackbelt. :D

Interesting concept. Care to elaborate? I would like to possibly take an online survey and find out what level PC moron I am. :lol:

othell
02-06-2003, 09:12 PM
bleh...

I jumped the gun it seems...

now I feel lil an PC moron....

Thanks.

GAH! My writing has been sucking lately. That's two forums in the same day... :(

Time to cheer myself up and go break my Axim... :/