View Full Version : Real newb question

rein
02-05-2003, 07:18 PM
First of all, is it noob, newb, or newbie? :?

Ok, I have written a little program for my checkbook in excel. I want to copy if over to my Axim which really isn't that big of a deal. However, I want to make a shortcut to it. How do you make shortcuts to documents or programs? I assume I would need to copy it over to my documents folder on the Axim. I don't mind if I don't place it there since my documents seems to get a lot of crap thrown in on these devices. I just want to be able to turn on the Axim and launch the program fairly quickly and easily. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help.

Rirath
02-05-2003, 07:19 PM
First of all, is it noob, newb, or newbie? :?

All mean the same thing. Newbie was the original of the 3.

Quickest method is probably using file explorer on the PPC to copy the .exe, then go to windows/start menu/programs and "paste shortcut" there. (to copy / paste shortcut just tap and hold the file name)

Heh... 1 minute response time. :twisted:

PhatCohiba
02-05-2003, 07:53 PM
If you want it in your Start menu, paste to the:

My Device\Windows\Start Menu or Start Menu \ Programs

Directory.

Have fun,

no chance for me to be as fast as Rirath, he must be a bot or something :robot:

rein
02-05-2003, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys.

Pretty simple once you know how to do it.

Rirath
02-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Yep, no sweat. The simple things can be annoyingly vague sometimes.

Haha... 1 minute again. :) Nope, not using a bot, not watching the topic, or any other type of notification. Not even checking that often. :) Just the Master of Dumb Luck. (For those keeping score, also the King of Freeware (finding it), Captain Defective, Champion of Spad, and Pointless.)

Pat Logsdon
02-06-2003, 01:07 AM
Champion of Spad
:?:
Ok, I have to ask, what is Spad? :oops: I did a google search and came up with "Simple Plastic Airplane Design" and "Signaling PAthway Database"...could be either, I suppose, or probably neither...

P.S.: We'll know you're a bot if you answer this in less than a minute! :D

Rirath
02-06-2003, 02:03 AM
Psh... I seem to be able to only answer Rein in 1 minute... so I stand by my dumb luck. 8)
As for spad... fun little non-word... I'll leave it at that. :Þ

mirkazemisaman
02-06-2003, 03:04 AM
As for spad... fun little non-word... I'll leave it at that. :Þ

:lol: Spad is a new and improved version of D-Pad :lol: