View Full Version : Ideas on where to store stuff

Alicia4065
02-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Hello,
I was wondering where do u guys/girls store your software. I needs some ideas, like do u store games on a storage card, themes on the main memory that sort of stuff. I have a 1910 for now and just waiting for the new processors to come out to upgrade.

Peace and Blessings
Alicia :lol:

dean_shan
02-05-2003, 07:01 PM
I keep the games on the storage card and the main apps on the main memory.

Alicia4065
02-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Thanks

Alicia

Janak Parekh
02-05-2003, 08:28 PM
There's no "right" answer. I use my storage cards for MP3s/Oggs, and all my apps fit into the main memory of my 3870. I tend to be fairly conservative, appwise, though.

Are you enjoying your 1910, btw?

--janak

Alicia4065
02-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Yes I'm enjoying it so far. Now I'm trying to figure out how to change my today screen and add some themes to it. Everytime I see another theme and download it, it has a tsk extension and I don't what to do from there.

Alicia :lol:

IntegraPrelude98
02-05-2003, 10:26 PM
just drop that file into your windows folder on your ppc and then it should show up under today in your settings with the other themes. Hope that helps

Alicia4065
02-05-2003, 11:29 PM
Well, I can't get that far. When I download it asks me what do I want to use to open file. I still looking for what to do.

Alicia

spursdude
02-06-2003, 01:05 AM
Well, I can't get that far. When I download it asks me what do I want to use to open file. I still looking for what to do.

Alicia

Do you mean your PC or PPC is telling you that?

If you're at a theme website and there's a link to a theme that asks you what you want to use to open it, then right click that link and then hit "Save target." Save that .tsk file somewhere on your Hard Drive, then drag it into the Windows Folder of your PPC (My Device>Windows).

If you've already gotten the .tsk file onto your PPC, then you should go to Start>Settings>Today, and then select the theme. Hit OK, close out of everything, and it should be on your Today Screen!

Dave Beauvais
02-06-2003, 06:11 AM
I install all programs to main memory and store data on flash cards. (Aside from data that is synced in the My Documents folder.) Videos, MP3/WMA files, e-books, etc., are all on a card.

I have 32 MB allocated for program memory and still have about 18 MB of storage memory left. Granted, the largest program I have installed is Snails (http://www.snailsgame.com/); everything else is relatively small. Folks who use a lot of large programs often have no choice but to install them to cards.

--Dave

Alicia4065
02-06-2003, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the tips I will try downloading again.

Peace and Blessings
Alicia

kellys26
02-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi Alicia,
I have stored most of the programs on the device. I have my books, MP3's, and a few games on the SD storage card.
But, I am finding that I'm filling up my storage memory faster than I expected. I think I'm going to buy a CF memory card and move some stuff onto that.
I use a program called Battery Bar to manage my storage and program memory. The bar turns yellow when you start to get alot of stuff, and both of mine have been yellow. So, I am starting to think it best to move stuff to the memory card.
I have nothing in the 'built in storage' area. But, I am not sure how to put things there, or even if I should. I have 21MB there, and I don't think there is anything in it. I used it originally for my back up, but then ended up putting my backup (currently 22MB) on the SD card.
I guess I'm also confused on where things should go.
KellyS

Alicia4065
02-06-2003, 05:29 PM
I know what u mean. I just got the 1910 to learn on while I'm waiting for the new processors to come out.

Peace and Blessings