View Full Version : $50 Axim rebate gone??

spinedoc
02-04-2003, 04:19 PM
I dont see it on their website anymore, anyone know of a special code or are they just not offering it anymore?

GoldKey
02-04-2003, 04:21 PM
It expired around the end of Jan and has not been renewed. Given that they are selling them faster than they can make them right now, don't look for it to be renewed until demand lightens a bit.

Jason Dunn
02-04-2003, 05:56 PM
I dont see it on their website anymore, anyone know of a special code or are they just not offering it anymore?

It appears to be gone - I asked my PR rep at Dell to confirm this, but he hasn't responded to me.

Like all rebates, they don't last forever...you have to get them while they're "hot". :D

Sslixtis
02-04-2003, 06:11 PM
The Rebate offer expired Jan. 19 2003. :wink:

PetiteFlower
02-04-2003, 08:36 PM
They were even showing the offer end date on the site if you clicked on the rebate details...that's why I decided to get mine when I did.

It's still a tax write-off if you use it for work though, right? :)

Cello8619
02-04-2003, 09:53 PM
When I recived the Dell Catalog on January 21 they wouldn't give me the rebate even though the rebate price was in the catalog. When I was talking with the sales manager he revealed to me that sometime in febuary that Dell will be reducing the price again, but without a rebate. He wouldn't tell me the exact date or price, but he did say it would be worth the wait.

dartman
02-04-2003, 10:49 PM
When I recived the Dell Catalog on January 21 they wouldn't give me the rebate even though the rebate price was in the catalog. When I was talking with the sales manager he revealed to me that sometime in febuary that Dell will be reducing the price again, but without a rebate. He wouldn't tell me the exact date or price, but he did say it would be worth the wait.

Hope that's true. I'll be buying another one for my son if thats the case. Unless they announce a new model, I'm skeptical about a price reduction coming that soon if the stories about demand are true. They just opened up Europe.

We'll see.

dart

PetiteFlower
02-05-2003, 12:53 AM
Well, Dell does have rotating specials on their desktops that change weekly. I shopped and monitored the web site for a year before I could finally buy, so I learned the ins and outs of which deals I wanted very well! Maybe they're going to start the same type of thing for the Axims. Wouldn't surprise me. A month of higher prices could definitely produce the slack-off in business that would be needed to let them get production caught up with demand.

spinedoc
02-07-2003, 03:23 AM
I see now that they are 10% off for a total of $224 and $314, not as good as rebates but at least they are instant.