View Full Version : Dumb software

Fzara
02-03-2003, 10:13 PM
Help!
I installed PocketPanel2002.

"-iPAQPanel 2002 is a Today Screen plugin compatible with iPAQ devices that monitors batteries, storage, memory, collects trash, adjusts brightness and keeps your system running smoothly.

-PocketPanel 2002 is identical to iPAQPanel 2002, but is compatible with all devices running PocketPC 2002. "

It seems like the utility which collects trash, "accidentally" (yeah right) deleted my shortcuts to IE from my start menu and programs folder. Now I cant access IE from anything, and my Pocket Plus shortcuts wont work either. I tried copying iexplorer.exe from the Windows Folder, but it didnt let me copy it because of some ROM issue.

In addition, when I click on the voice recorder button, it wont activate! Apparently if I try holding the button, it says the shortcut no longer exists!!!
Arrrrgh!

I tried a soft reset, and obviously (well, stupid me should have known) all my shotcuts are still gone. Im not sure how to get this all back. I'm thinking a hard reset should cure it, but I'm not sure if i'll lose my Excel and Word documents, in addition to my pics and mp3's, and I havent verified if it will all be restored.

Word to the wise: If you buy the program dont enable the trash cleaner. :evil:

Thank You

spursdude
02-04-2003, 02:05 AM
Gah....don't hard reset. :D

On your PC, use the explore feature to navigate to your device's Windows folder. Find iexplore.exe, right click it and create a shortcut. Now Cut that shortcut, paste it in either My Device>Windows>Start Menu>Programs if you want it in your Programs list, or just in My Device>Windows>Start Menu if you want it on your Start Menu.

As for Record feature, it seems as though your Notes shortcut has been deleted. Restoring it to the proper place may do the trick.

Fzara
02-04-2003, 02:42 AM
Where is the function "Record"? I remember when I configured my buttons a while ago, there was a fuction mapped to the "Record" button, called "Record". It seems like I cant find that function now. :(

spursdude
02-04-2003, 03:27 AM
The Record feature is just in the drop-down list for mapping buttons, under "Record." My guess is that it's associated somehow with the Notes... other than that I'm out of ideas.