View Full Version : Monkey Dial or ??? BlueTooth Dialing

bdegroodt
02-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Can someone make a suggestion on a program that integrates with Contacts and would allow me to dial a contact number via BlueTooth (I'm pretty surprised to see this missing from the menu in Contacts.). Ideally, I'd like to be able to have a program that allows me to press and hold a contact name and produces a "Dial" option in contacts or in any other place that I happen to hilight a phone number.

Looks like Monkey Dial is what I'm looking for, but I'd like to hear the groups thoughts on this or any other suggested software.

hollis_f
02-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Tried Monkey Dial - threw it away.

Try mPhone - www.mobem.com

or SimpleDial - www.visualit.co.uk

umichboy
02-04-2003, 11:27 PM
I use simpledial as mentioned above, and it's simple and effective. It allows you to use a bluetooth headset even if dialing via bluetooth, which PPC2k2 does not.

applian
02-11-2003, 06:42 AM
If you're looking for a cool Bluetooth dialer, have a look at Phone King from Applian.

This one is a fully functional dialer which supports the Bluetooth headset, has Caller ID, lets you make calls from the contacts app, shows live signal and battery indicators, sends SMS, has speed dial, and lots more. You can even design your own phone layouts or customize the existing ones.

Phone King is available as a free trial here:
http://www.applian.com

Check it out!

Bill Dettering
Applian Technologies Inc.