View Full Version : Help ! Program associations lost !

commander66
01-30-2003, 11:11 PM
Since a few days I have a astonishing Problem with my 5450.
I lost my program associations ! E.g. in File Explorer I don't see the Excel-Icon on an Excel-File. If I start Excel the file is shown and I can open it without any problem.
I lost the association for Pocket PC apps and also e.g. PDFs. This thing is realy going on my nerves as I cannot open file attachments without saving them to disk etc.
Can anyone help ?

ipaq38vette
01-31-2003, 11:09 PM
Get Pocket Tweak. Freeware.
www.tillanosoft.com

WyattEarp
01-31-2003, 11:45 PM
There is no way to simply undo whatever erased the associations. The easiest way to is to perform a hard reset. This will restore any lost associations. Backup your info first.

Once your done re-install your programs and info. If you restore the registry from the old backup you may lose everything again.

The hard way would be to go into the registry and manually re-enter the missing associations. But to do that you would need to know exactly how they originally appeared in the registry. I've seen it and it's not a 1,2,3 your done kinda thing. So good luck with the reset. :D

Steven Cedrone
02-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Get Pocket Tweak. Freeware.
www.tillanosoft.com

PocketTweak (http://www.tillanosoft.com/ce/ptweak.html) is the way to go before you do a hard reset:

PocketTweak is a small program for Pocket PC to configure device settings without using any registry editors. That is, PocketTweak is a Pocket PC version of SmallTweak.

The following settings can be configured with the current version of PocketTweak:

To associate Extensions with Applications.

Steve