View Full Version : does bluetooth work to connect PPC2002 with GPS cellphone as dial-up modem?

urologyhealth
01-30-2003, 01:56 PM
I purchased a Pretec Bluetooth card for my Casio E-200 and set up a pairing between my SonyEricsson T68i-GSM phone of ATT and made a new connection using 9600 baud. It dials the number to my Verizon dial-up access number, (I see the number as it is connecting on the phone)but network doesn't connect. I was trying to avoid using data part of AT&T network and the excessive cost of it and simply use the phone minutes. Has anyone succeeded in doing this?

Is it possible to do a simple dial-up or must I use the data part of ATT SERVICE? Infrared doesn't do any better.

Thank you,

Eitel
01-30-2003, 03:08 PM
If your T68i is service by AT&T don't even bother. AT&T doesn't allow CSD ("dialup" calls) on their netwotk. You can only use GPRS.

But to answer your question, yes, Bluetooth does allow that.

urologyhealth
01-30-2003, 03:27 PM
THANK YOU

Tech support was terrible and Mobile Planet misled me when I ordered it.

BGinWA
01-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Anyone know if there is a trick to accessing AT&T broadband POP3 email on your PPC using GPRS with AT&T wireless?

I can access my Hotmail, and I can access the AT&T using WiFi, but I can't seem to get there via GPRS.

Thanks

urologyhealth
01-31-2003, 12:09 AM
I downloaded AT&T Mobile Connection software and now can connect using Infrared. I suspect it will now work with Bluetooth or Cable for phone. However, it goes via Data side, not dial-up as I hoped. At least it's a partial solution.