View Full Version : GPRS Radio On w/ PDA off

dznylvr
01-30-2003, 05:53 AM
I have heard that it is possible to stay connected to GPRS and turn the PDA off, but everytime I turn off the pda the GPRS connection disconnects.

How do I get it to stay on all the time or did I misunderstand what I had heard?

Thanks

Monty Gibson
01-30-2003, 08:21 PM
I have heard that it is possible to stay connected to GPRS and turn the PDA off, but everytime I turn off the pda the GPRS connection disconnects.

How do I get it to stay on all the time or did I misunderstand what I had heard?

Thanks

You can turn the "phone" feature off, but still connect to the internet. If you press the actual power button, it will turn everything off.

smittyofdhs
01-30-2003, 10:19 PM

Thanks

You can turn the "phone" feature off, but still connect to the internet. If you press the actual power button, it will turn everything off.

It's not possible to turn the radio off and still get GPRS The GPRS goes thru the radio, turning the radio off, turns off GSM and GPRS.

How would this possible?

Monty Gibson
01-31-2003, 02:26 PM

Thanks

It's not possible to turn the radio off and still get GPRS The GPRS goes thru the radio, turning the radio off, turns off GSM and GPRS.

How would this possible?

It's what I had "heard" before, but I've never tested or tried it. So, I wouldn't know completely. My PPCPE is actually out to PPCTechs for the RAM upgrade; so I suppose I wasn't fully prepared to post on the subject matter without first testing it. Now in hindsight, I suppose it would be rather difficult to turn the phone feature off and then connect (insert foot into mouth right about now) to the GPRS. Thank you for the correction :wink:.

smittyofdhs
01-31-2003, 08:14 PM
Monty, what is ppctechs doing for your device? I had mine juiced up with the 64 meg upgrade...man..it's so much better. Reminds of my Ipaq 3850 now, no mem worries...

Monty Gibson
02-01-2003, 01:39 AM
Monty, what is ppctechs doing for your device? I had mine juiced up with the 64 meg upgrade...man..it's so much better. Reminds of my Ipaq 3850 now, no mem worries...

128 :D