View Full Version : Is it worth the wait?

Bloop
01-30-2003, 05:31 AM
So I am looking into buying a new PPC, but I have been reading some of the articles about this new X-Scale processor. I don’t know much about the technical stuff so can some one explain to me in more simple terms. Is it worth the wait for this new processor? I understand that its going to increase the battery life which I fell is a big plus. Also when is it coming out and do I have to wait for a new line of PPC that use it, or are the current models (such as the HP 1910 or Axim) going to have it on their newly made PDA’s.

Another thing that I am hearing is that there is going to be Pocket PC 2003 software which is able to work with the x-scale more efficiently. Is their anything else I should know about this software? Again when is it coming out and do I have to wait for a new line of PPC that use it, or current models to have it on their newly made PDA’s or can I just install it :?:

Anthony Caruana
01-30-2003, 06:01 AM
Hi there

With a relatively new technology like the Pocket PC there is bound to always be something faster or better around the corner. If you need the device now then buy it now. The day something new comes out your device does not cease to function.

I bought my iPAQ 3850 only a couple of months before the new 5400 series iPAQs were released. Sure, the new devices might be faster and have more new features but that doesn't reduce the usefulness or value of my iPAQ to me. The upside is that if you buy a device just before the newest ones are released you might be able to get a great price.

Generally, i have not bought the latest and greatest devices for this reason. I can afford to upgrade/replace my device a little more frequently if I stay half a pace behind the bleeding edge of technology.

Bloop
01-30-2003, 07:02 AM
hummm yea i guess that is a good point...