View Full Version : pocket hotmail

whiskers
01-29-2003, 11:56 PM
anyone having trouble connecting your ppc to hotmail using the new pocket hotmail 2.2 version? I can't connect to either the old inbox or the new @mail to hotmail. can't get an answer from the author. @mail tried to help but to no avail. thanks i can usually get the answers on these forums you guys are great. :D

BGinWA
01-30-2003, 12:41 AM
I'm running it on my 5455 and have no problems. I am also using @mail. I remember I had trouble at first getting it setup correctly. You just need to enter "hotmail" for all of the entries in configuration.

whiskers
01-30-2003, 12:44 AM
yes I did that, I seem to have gone thru the normal routines, but it still doesn't work. thanks anyway

petrie
01-30-2003, 03:18 AM
Check your connections settings, on Active Sync and your PPC both need have the same configuration, if you sync wireless the correct setting is Default Work Settings but if you sync by wire then Default Internet Settings is the right option. :wink:

whiskers
01-30-2003, 11:10 PM
petrie, I dont find any way to set the active synch to anything, its just there. I can set my hotmail on any of them (but it shouldn't have to dial since I am alread on line), and my other email which works fine with my sierra card. where do you see what the connection is for the active synce on the inbox or the @mail. I tried both but no where to set it. thanks

whiskers
01-30-2003, 11:14 PM
petrie, I am also not going thru my pc, I am going direct from my ppc thru my sierra card wireless to the internet, not even connected to the pc. thanks again for your help

ctmagnus
02-04-2003, 06:27 AM
Is the Pocket Hotmail that you refer to the same as the one listed here (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1&jid=337EX6B78B2XDF9X6C3CXA213E7325CE&productId=44651&platformId=1&productType=2)?

whiskers
02-04-2003, 02:33 PM
yes it is, I finally got it to work by downloading it for the third time, and changing the domain to blank. thanks to everyone who tried to help except the guy who wrote the program who I still havent heard from.