View Full Version : Anyone tried the Cover-Up from PocketSolutions?

mirkazemisaman
01-28-2003, 03:42 AM
Has anyone tried this flip cover (i think) for the Dell Axim? It looks fabulous in the pictures they provide. It looks like it's only about 1/8 in. thick. How does it work for you?
Here's the link:
http://66.155.8.4/merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PS-110&Category_Code=DA

Dave Beauvais
01-28-2003, 05:14 AM
I wrote a review of the Cover-Up for the Toshiba e740 two or three months ago. All the Cover-Ups work the same way, so you may find the review useful. Of course each device is likely to have its own little quirks. One of the e740's problems was the location of the headphone jack. The review shows photos of why it's a problem.

If you're interested, the review is here (http://www.beauvais1.com/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=8).

--Dave

QYV
01-28-2003, 07:26 AM
I asked this question when the Cover Up was featured on the front page last week, and no one answered: doesn't this interfere with the CF slot?

I've studied the photos and rotating demo, and it looks like a CF Wi-Fi or Bluetooth card with an antenna portion that sticks out beyond the slot slightly would prevent this from being used. Too bad, because otherwise I'd buy it in a second - perfect for my needs.

TheBacklash
01-28-2003, 08:32 AM
I think they haven't shipped them yet... I remember something about them being pre-order right now. or avail soon.

Could be wrong.

Andy Whiteford
01-28-2003, 03:52 PM
I spoke with Pocket Solutions and the last they said was it's still in development but very close to release.

Stealthboy
02-06-2003, 07:12 PM
Has anyone purchased and/or received one of these yet? I'm interested in getting one also and have read the reviews that I could find for Cover-Ups designed for other PocketPCs. I just wanted to get an opinion or two for the one specifically made for the Axim before placing my order.

I use a D-Link WiFi Card in the office and at home, but if I can detach the Cover-Up by velcro when needed for the extra clearance, that's works for me. I just need something to cover the screen when it's in my coat pocket and don't want a bulky case or sleeve. With my previous iPaq, I used a SS2 CF Sleeve with color cover from PDAMotion and it worked great.

One question: What keeps the Cover-Up flush with the front of the PocketPC when it's closed?

etalianstallion
02-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Sslixtis ordered one and it is currently being shipped. We should get a review posted soon in the following thread...

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5962&start=60

Sslixtis
02-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Yep, I pre-ordered one and it is finally on the UPS truck, should arrive Monday. It just left Hodgkins, Il. on its way to Phoenix, Az. :wink: I will post a review of it here either late Monday or early Tuesday.

Cheers!

Kati Compton
02-06-2003, 08:08 PM
I asked this question when the Cover Up was featured on the front page last week, and no one answered: doesn't this interfere with the CF slot?

From what I understand (though I don't have one), you can only use non-memory cards with the cover open, but that the cover doesn't interfere with the memory cards that are flush with the top of the Axim. The memory cards could only be swapped out with the cover open, I would expect.

I think that they said the headphone jack was in such a position that while you could use the jack with the cover on and closed, you have to unplug the headphones to open/close the cover. Makes sense if you look at it.