View Full Version : Getting back into pocket pc's

hobacale
01-26-2003, 09:48 PM
I used to be into pocket pc's very much. That all ended in the summer though, I am now into pc's. I have a few questions after arriving back into the pocket pc scene.

1. Is the only difference between the 3450 and the 3455 is that the 55 is the enterprise version, which includes some software(i forget its name)?

2. I have fallen in love with the 3450, but i want to connect to the internet from anywhere. I don't like any of the phone ppc's, so how can i get connected to the internet. I know i can connect to my home network through the 802.11, but how can i connect from anywhere. I am guessing i will have to buy a sleeve that has a slot for one of those cards with the little atenna. (i don't have a cell phone). With one of those cards with an atenna, can i dial into my isp, or do i have to buy a service from someone.

Janak Parekh
01-26-2003, 10:50 PM
(a) I assuming you're talking about the 5450. :) I think the 5455 is a slightly cheaper bundle, maybe without a cradle, but you'll have to double-check this. The unit itself is identical in both.

(b) If you are getting a 5450/55, get a Bluetooth-compatible phone, like the Nokia 6310i or the Sony Ericsson T68i. With a GSM/GPRS provider, you'll get data anywhere. Not blazingly fast, but certainly useable. If GSM/GPRS is not an option, then yes, you can buy a PC card with CDMA providers. If you have a TDMA provider, then you have another problem entirely. ;)

--janak