View Full Version : NETFRONT ROCKS!!!!

jornadaholic
01-25-2003, 10:44 PM
wow i just downloaded netfront and it is about 1000 times better then PIE its much faster and much better at resizing web pages (im posting from my ppc rite now) and it plays animated gifs!!! so far the only thing i have against it is that there is no flash support

ipaq38vette
01-25-2003, 11:39 PM
Where do you download the demo? I tried the Access home page and just got an error. Is there any other provider? Maybe it was because I was using PIE :roll:

sgyee
01-26-2003, 01:42 AM
You can download the demo version on Handango.

seanturner
01-26-2003, 01:51 AM
wow i just downloaded netfront and it is about 1000 times better then PIE its much faster and much better at resizing web pages (im posting from my ppc rite now) and it plays animated gifs!!! so far the only thing i have against it is that there is no flash support

I'm having a lot of problems getting to encrypted pages with it. Also, for some reason it doesn't want to authenticate when trying to get to Exchange 2003 Web Based Outlook.

sgyee
01-26-2003, 06:15 AM
The encrypted pages hasn't been an issue for me. I can say that I have never tried OWA 2003 at all, mainly since I don't have access to OWA 2003 at my workplace.

TheNewSteve
01-26-2003, 12:23 PM
I didn't notice much difference.

Netfront retained the layout of the page, which was good but meant more scrolling.

Also, Netfront did not see frames on pages.

Speed was about the same, even on very low-content pages.

-Steve

seanturner
01-26-2003, 08:27 PM
I didn't notice much difference.

Netfront retained the layout of the page, which was good but meant more scrolling.

Also, Netfront did not see frames on pages.

Speed was about the same, even on very low-content pages.

-Steve

You can set it to wrap the content so there is no horizontal scrolling.

It sees frames for me.... Even frames which are dynamically generated through javascript.

It seems to be faster to me but i'm not sure how to benchmark it...

wxrman
02-02-2003, 02:20 PM
You can select the pocketpc section of my mobile site...

mobile.kxan.com

and see an animated radar (animgif)
that works fine with Netfront

Wish it were cheaper, though.

Shawn

Underwater Mike
02-02-2003, 11:31 PM
The content-wrapping option sometimes renders pages nearly unreadable, depending on the URL. And, if you can believe this, I've found some sites that seem to render better in PIE than in NetFront. Never thought PIE would look better than anything other than a blank screen!

Wouldn't it be great if we could get the feature set of NetFront with the readability and landscape orientation of Thunderhawk? Kind of like the "your peanut butter on my chocolate" commercials from when I was a kid.

So, why exactly can't someone create the Reese's peanut butter cup of PPC browsers? :roll:

seanturner
02-02-2003, 11:33 PM
So, why exactly can't someone create the Reese's peanut butter cup of PPC browsers? :roll:

Yeah, I find myself using the terminal services client to use the browser on my pocket pc at times. I can only think that there has to be a better way...