View Full Version : WCF12 Install Failure

alert5
01-24-2003, 10:33 PM
My apologies up front if the condition and hopefully the solution has already been discussed. I can't believe I'm the only one unlucky enough to have my kid stick the WCF12 into my new Axim 5 before I had the chance to install the driver and configuration software.

When he did this, the Pocket PC correctly identified the Wi-Fi device that one and only time, but when I removed it and ran the installer, the driver never installs and of course the card always comes up as an unidentified device. The Axim actually asks for the driver name and I'm clueless as to what file name its looking for or where to load it from.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I sure hope I don't have to get a replacement.

:cry:

alert5
01-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Good news. The WCF12 is working flawlessly. Accepted all defaults and was surfing the web wirelessly in less than 3 minutes. Sweet!

It turns out the Linksys setup executable was building the correctly formatted .CAB files but for some reason these were not installed on my Axim. The cab files on the CD are not in the correct CE format, so you have to copy from one of those that get generated on your PC hard drive and then just click on it in your PDA folder. I put the cab in the windows folder but I don't think it makes any difference where it is to accomplish a manual install.

:D