View Full Version : Pretec 1.3 Megapixel Camera

Anjuan Simmons
01-23-2003, 03:36 PM
According to the Pretec website (http://www.pretec.com/order.htm#compactcamera) the 1.3 Megapixel Camera is now availble. I believe this is the only 1.3 Megapixel CF camera on the market, and it looks like a very useful device. If anyone has or plans to buy this camera, I would be interested in hearing how well it works and your experiences with the device. Also, if you have heard of a better camera on the market (that can beat a 1.3 Megapixel, 2X digital zoom, 180 degree swivel head camera) let me know about it.

redifrogger
01-24-2003, 11:25 PM
Yea, I would like to know what others know about this too. Thanks.

Mobile Bob
01-25-2003, 01:22 AM
Make that three of us that would like to know users' experiences with this camera. It is on the list of cameras that are supported by Microsoft Portrait, and I am looking forward to trying some video conferencing with my e740. I can connect to my university's T1 backbone via the e740's WiFi radio from anywhere on campus, so video conferencing should be a great experience at school. Just need to find a reliable camera, and this could be the one.

mirkazemisaman
01-27-2003, 10:54 PM
Has anyone used this product yet? I need some feedback.

ricardo salum
01-31-2003, 02:08 PM
I bought this camera about a week ago, and it does not work as it's described, the image is fuzzy and not clear, maybe they're still writing a better driver for it, but overall it sucks..
wait a little until they develope a better driver that uses ATIchip ability..

Anjuan Simmons
01-31-2003, 03:13 PM
I bought this camera about a week ago, and it does not work as it's described, the image is fuzzy and not clear, maybe they're still writing a better driver for it, but overall it sucks..

Can you post some sample pictures (preferable one with the Pretec camera and one with another digital camera)?
Do you use it with a Toshiba e740 or some other PDA?
Has Pretec responded to your problems?
Do you plan to take it back?

aris-www.todopocketpc.com
02-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi everybody:
I have used and still using this camera.
At the begining I was surprised because of the results, but It were my own mistakes (I think so).
Know with better settings (Light, balance....) and very important 8O with more than 200 lux, you can get quite good pictures, and the video is good enough.
I am prepairing (may be next week it will be done) a review in www.todopocketpc.com (in Spanish) about this camera, compaired f.i. with the IXUS V3, with a lot of pictures and aviīs
But is a secret :wink:
Regards,
aris
p.s. sorry about my English, with your help Iīm going to improve a lot :wink:

Anjuan Simmons
02-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Hi everybody:
I have used and still using this camera.
At the begining I was surprised because of the results, but It were my own mistakes (I think so).
Know with better settings (Light, balance....) and very important 8O with more than 200 lux, you can get quite good pictures, and the video is good enough.
I am prepairing (may be next week it will be done) a review in www.todopocketpc.com (in Spanish) about this camera, compaired f.i. with the IXUS V3, with a lot of pictures and aviīs
But is a secret :wink:
Regards,
aris
p.s. sorry about my English, with your help Iīm going to improve a lot :wink:

Have you finished your review of the CompactCamera? I would appreciate seeing a copy and also any graphics of the camera and the pictures you've taken with it. Thanks.

02-17-2003, 05:00 PM
Hi aesop:
Have you finished your review of the CompactCamera? I would appreciate receiving a copy and also any graphics of the camera and the pictures you've taken with it. Thanks.

Yes I have finished my review of the CompactCamera.
Zipped is about 13 Mb.
Now we are doing (publishing) the review (not me, the Webmaster)
If you can wait a few days you could have a look in www.todopocketpc.com with a lot of imagens and videoclips.
If you canīt wait I can send you somethings :wink:

Cheers,
aris

P.S. With a good translator http://www.freetranslation.com/index.htm you will understand everything (In other case I will be here)

3xistenz
02-21-2003, 09:22 AM

Pretec have 2 models of the CompactFlash Camera. One comes with 1.3MP and the other is a 0.4MP version.

02-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi:

Pretec have 2 models of the CompactFlash Camera. One comes with 1.3MP and the other is a 0.4MP version.

Exactly
In a few days will appear, weīre just preparing (laying out, editing, publishing, making... I donīt Know the correct word :oops: ) the Pretec 1.3 MPīs review.
Itīs going to be the next one :wink:.
I donīt know the day exactly, but soon; It depends on the Webmaster :)
Be ready.
Cheers,
aris

blusparkles
03-02-2003, 10:44 PM
I just bought this camera yesterday.

Indoors, the picture quality is pretty poor, though I was able to get some really decent pictures in natural lighting. I'm going to be writing a review in a couple of days for my website, but in the meantime there's a very good critique of the camera here: http://www.luthier.ca/other/forum/pretec/pretec.html.

Here is a picture I took this morning:
http://www.jenneth.info/Camera1.jpg

03-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Here http://www.todopocketpc.com/ you can have a look the .....
review :lol:
Late but I think that much better late than never :lol:

Cheers,
aris
p.s. tomorrow... more

03-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Hi everybody:
Sorry about the link :?.
You can have a look just here: http://www.todopocketpc.com/analisis_ver_hard.asp?id_articulo=33
And remember If your spanish is no so good, in this thread you can find several web-translators.
And is really very visual (graphic), a lot of pictures and some videoclips, we will atach another one early (videoclip) :?
Regards,
aris

03-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Hi blusparkles:
As you know (I hope so) I have done a review about the pretec camera.
Now there is a cool thread and I would like to use your last picture (it is really good) in that thread.
I am waiting for the consent (you know, copy and paste).
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
aris
p.s. If you prefer, you can do it yourself :wink: We would like alot :wink: