View Full Version : Loox does not power on

dinoalbert
01-23-2003, 08:04 AM
Hi. I always encounter this problem on my Loox.....when I press the power button, nothing happens as if my Loox is dead...it does not turn on. To solve it, I just use the reset button at the back, then thats the time the Loox turns on. But this is not normal, isnt it? Has anyone experienced this also?

Also, sometimes the backlight does not work, tried tapping the screen but still the backlight wont turn on. What I do is I turn off the Loox and wait for a couple of minutes, then turn it on.... the backlight then works again.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

hamishmacdonald
01-29-2003, 07:50 PM
I'm having the same issue, along with a problem using the folding keyboard (it works for a while, then stops entering any text; the keyboard shortcuts don't work, either).

Lots of people are having the CF card problem since installing the 15x ROM update. It's being talked about on the F-S site's forums:
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/forum/

-Hamish

JvanEkris
01-29-2003, 09:22 PM
I had the same problem with the previous ROM-version. Did a hard reset, worked perfectly again.

The backlight is a known issue, which has been there since the first Looxes were produced. Problem is that it will not turn on when it sees no light (i.e. when you need it most). Fujitsu Siemens is working very hard on this problem, and they have made some progress, but havent fixed it yet. There is a workaround. By pressing the power-button for two seconds or more you can manually switch the backlight on and off. By first switching it off, and then turning it on, it becomes active most of the time.

Jaap