View Full Version : Should I wait???

Tora
01-23-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm planning on getting a Dell. The only thing is that I won't actually be able to lay hands on it until March 17th. I mean, I can order it and have it delivered to my sister's house, but I won't be back in the U.S. to get it until mid-March. And it NEEDS to arrive no later than the 26th of March, when I'm off again.

So, with all the delivery delays, should I order it now to make sure that it gets delivered in time or should I wait a little longer and hope for the rumored X3 and X7? ('Cause I would really like to have a slimmer profile...)

How long are people waiting for their units?

Thanks!

mirkazemisaman
01-23-2003, 03:00 AM
I ordered mine on Jan 18, and for my order's estimated shipping date, it says "on or before Feb 10". BTW, if you are going to order, it would be better to do it by phone rather than ordering online... it's faster.

GoldKey
01-23-2003, 03:22 AM
I would imagine you could wait until mid Feb and see. I would think if it were going to be available by mid March, it would be announced by mid Feb. If it isn't just go ahead and order the X5 then.

seattlehusker
01-23-2003, 04:02 AM
As an FYI- I ordered my 400mhz Axim on 1/17 and the expected delivery date is 2/13. If you need to ensure it arrives at your Sisters house by that day than I'd order it AT LEAST 1 month in advance.

Roosterman
01-23-2003, 04:41 AM
I'm not sure if Dell is still doing the same with there estimated ship dates as they did when the X5 first came out, but mine arrived well before the estimated ship date. I ordered on the first day available and I would have had mine in 9 calendar days if it weren't for Thanksgiving and UPS's screw up. I would think you have some time to wait.

ECOslin
01-23-2003, 05:23 AM
Wait!! I understand there is a shipping backlog on the Dell PDAs. If you're going out of the country, you're probably not going to miss anything anyway, except for the wait.

I'd recommend waiting till it hits some of the major retail vendors, listen to the complaints of those who get them in the meanwhile and go to your local CompUSA or whatever and fondle one. Precious, my Precioussss. :rock on dude!:

Edward

TheBacklash
01-23-2003, 08:53 AM
I'd recommend waiting till it hits some of the major retail vendors, listen to the complaints of those who get them in the meanwhile and go to your local CompUSA or whatever and fondle one. Precious, my Precioussss.

Edward

I believe Dell is a online store only... Never have I heard of a retail vender having a Dell in stock... unless used.
Unlessthey have Dell stores somewhere like the Gateway stores... (that are shutting down as fast as they went up) I never seen one though.

As far as the complaints/feedback on the Dell, just look around this forum.

I ordered mine in late november/first of Dec, it showed up less than 2 weeks later.... The est. ship date tends to be way off... I got the e-mail saying it shipped, 4 hours after I had it on the charger.

I'd say first week of feb would be my order date If I were you. Do your self a favor though... order it with no other accesories. Get them on a second order later... everyone waited longer when they ordered something else with the Axim.

ECOslin
01-23-2003, 02:36 PM
believe Dell is a online store only... Never have I heard of a retail vender having a Dell in stock... unless used.
Unlessthey have Dell stores somewhere like the Gateway stores... (that are shutting down as fast as they went up) I never seen one though.

I did not know that, I thought Dell would do like Toshiba and Compaq. I can go to the local super-bulk(5 gallons of pickle relish) sales store and see a double row of the 'flavor of the week' PDAs and Notebooks.

I wonder how fast they'll come across on Ebay?

the 400 is not selling at $349 (3002322390) 7 hours to go
one 400, that is selling, is up to $323 (3001477175) 11 hours to go.

Edward