View Full Version : The future of CE/PocketPC

Fishie
01-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Unlike some people here im not bound by NDA´s so I can speak freely about the things I witnessed and are we in for some good times or what.

I have seen the future and ive been to the promised land, and the promised land does not just exist of concept designs or white papers.
In the promised land I saw CE/PPC machines with flip lid designs, machines running on XScale or even the Crusoe processor, machines slightly wider then todays PPCs but having a full VGA transflective screen wich shames the one even on my Intermec(wich kicks seven shades of blue out of the one in the new ipaqs).
I have seen the rebirth of the Handheld PC WITH a new OS and sporting the XScale or Crusoe giving capabilities we could previously only dream about.
Ive touched machines that have 18bit or even 24bit colour(thus needing higher res and better screens to allow the colours to come alive).
I have walked the sacred grounds(well for some they are)and witnessed the future and the future my friends shames whatever Sony has brought to the Palm camp, the future my friend consists of hardware designs most of us wouldnt have dreamt about at prices equel to or lower then what we used to pay for regular PPCs just a few months ago.

Future´s so bright(and colourfull) I gotta wear shades.

Got questions feel free to ask, with some things I wont go into details becouse even tough I have no NDA´s to keep it would be bad form to just spout everything I know and possibly embares myself and others.

Wilbert
01-22-2003, 02:47 PM
How did you come upon this vast knowledge o great one...

Fishie
01-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Im just naturally awesome.
Some people achieve greatnes, some are born great :lol:

spursdude
01-22-2003, 07:11 PM
a new OS and sporting the XScale or Crusoe giving capabilities we could previously only dream about.

Describe.... :)

mirkazemisaman
01-22-2003, 07:16 PM
OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK, sounds like fun....

Fishie
01-22-2003, 09:30 PM
OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK, sounds like fun....

I sense disbelief :D
Just wait, second half of this year things will start to become REALLY intresting.

FredMurphy
01-22-2003, 10:07 PM
C'mon, give us something more specific then. :) It's difficult for people to summon up enthusiasm if you just say "I can tell you load of interesting stuff" and then don't!

How about giving us some specs on the unnamed HP "clamshell with built-in keyboard" PDA.

Fishie
01-22-2003, 10:59 PM
C'mon, give us something more specific then. :) It's difficult for people to summon up enthusiasm if you just say "I can tell you load of interesting stuff" and then don't!

How about giving us some specs on the unnamed HP "clamshell with built-in keyboard" PDA.

Funny thing is I havent even seen that one yet.
Pioneer for instance tough already has a handheld pc2000 unit out with 256.000 colours and later this year it will be upgraded to CE.net 4.1 and will receive a new processor and stuff.
Docomo already has a 4.1 unit with full VGA res on a 3.2 transflective screen.

mirkazemisaman
01-23-2003, 12:25 AM
Maybe I should have waited till "the second half of this year" to purchase my first PPC....

Fishie
01-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Maybe I should have waited till "the second half of this year" to purchase my first PPC....

Nah man, these things are like crack, im on my fourth CE device since July.

mirkazemisaman
01-23-2003, 01:00 AM

Nah man, these things are like crack, im on my fourth CE device since July.

Well, i am on my first CE device since FEB 10, 2003.

Fishie
01-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Ordered but not received yet?

mirkazemisaman
01-23-2003, 02:38 AM
Ordered but not received yet?

Yes my friend, I am one of those impatient guys who can't wait to get their Axim, and so they just keep buying accessories for it before they even get it, i mean my god, i could have gotten an ipaq 5450 with the Axim's money + the money spent on it since I ordered it... (I know I can cancel my order, but I am happy with the Axim and the accessories I bought for it.

Fishie
01-23-2003, 04:08 AM
Yeah, Axim is a nice deal