View Full Version : Help with making a Group Schedule...

pocketdoc
01-21-2003, 10:41 PM
I am a PPC novice and a physician. There are 6 docs in our group. We carry around a paper shcedule (has the next week or so of everyone's schedule) and patient list (hospital patients - for daily rounds).

I would like to make these documents available on our handhelds. They are currently Word documents. I have synced with my E-mail and have viewed them in Poclet Word, but this seems to be less than ideal. Is there a better way? Does PI or AF allow for this type of thing?

One person in our office updates each of these on a daily basis, and they are then E-mailed to each physician.

Thanks!

Kevin C. Tofel
01-21-2003, 11:51 PM
Just curious: Do you also use Microsoft Outlook in your office for e-mail?

If so, the person who maintains your schedules could post each of your hours in each of your calendars and you could sync that info to your PPC calendar. It's NOT a great solution because it still requires multiple data entry, but it might be better than Word docs and it wouldn't require any additional software.

A better solution might be an updatable web page saved to your IE Mobile Favorites, but I'm guessing that someone after me will post the best solution yet.....good luck!

KCT

EricMCarson
01-22-2003, 12:09 AM
ACT! works very well with multiple users and multiple schedules. One solution for the PPC is pinpoint tools Trans/ACT for your PPC. The user interface is super clunky, but it can display all of your user's schedules, as long as you are using ACT! in the office. Multiple users can sync as well. PI or AF simply are not designed to take advantage of this.

pocketdoc
01-23-2003, 11:10 PM
To recap:

We have one person who changes a Word ducument (that has every member of our practice's schedule for each coming day on it) on a daily basis. For example, "1/23" will list each physician and what he/she has scheduled for that day. We are surgeons, so it is either cases or office time. Some are recurring, most (cases) change frequently.

We use Outlook, have a wired network in our office, and all use laptops.

What is the best way to get a group schedule onto a handheld?

dcharles18
01-25-2003, 04:56 AM
While it may not be the most elegant solution in the world, have you thought about just setting up a simple Excel spreadsheet? So long as you don't include any images or graphs they sync very cleanly.