View Full Version : Anyone getting rebates yet?

rein
01-21-2003, 06:41 PM
I ordered the first Axim on Dec 11th, sent out the rebates before Christmas and I still do not show up on the rebate status website. Should I be concerned? Just curious if others have recieved rebates yet or if they are at least showing up on the site yet.

guinness
01-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Haven't gotten anything back other than an invoice saying that they got my old unit back after I got a replacement one. I think on the rebate form it said that it would take 2-3 months before you'd get the $50 back, Dell is just taking their sweet time in sending them out.

etalianstallion
01-21-2003, 07:01 PM
I bought 2 Axims at different times, one from the Home store and one from the Small Business store.

I checked www.rebatestatus.com and saw that one of my rebates was mailed out to me on 1/16 (still haven't received the rebate yet, but it should be here sometime this week).

The second rebate shows up as well but it says that I do not qualify. Under "Promotion Name" it is listed as "Dimension Mail-In Rebate". I KNOW that I used the link to get to the rebate from the Dell site, but something must have been screwed up. When I sent them out, I saw that the forms were different for the Home store and the Small Business store, but I thought that was normal.

I should be getting a postcard in the mail explaining why my rebate submission was not approved and also possible ways to remedy the situation.

BTW, as an FYI, Dell does not take care of the actual rebate. Most companies don't, actually. It's usually www.rebatestatus.com or www.wheresmyrebate.com. It'll usually specify in the fine print of the rebate.

kellys26
01-21-2003, 08:45 PM
I just got 2 emails from Dell this morning (I bought 2 Axims), and they told me that my rebates are being processed. They said to check that rebate site, and they both showed up.
I ordered one on November 19, and the other one was mid-December.
KellyS

crispeto
01-21-2003, 10:44 PM
I noticed my rebate was mailed to me on 1/16 so I should be getting it this week!

Computer Ninja
01-22-2003, 06:28 AM
I just checked that rebate website, and they don't have anything listed under my last name or address that relates to the Axim. What a bunch of crap.

cyclwestks
01-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Received my Axim on 12/16, sent the rebate in a few days later, on the 19th received my email that it was being processed.

mirkazemisaman
01-22-2003, 07:13 PM
How do I get to this Dell Forum everyone was talking about a few days back???

Sslixtis
01-22-2003, 07:58 PM

What are you talking about, Dell Forum? If you are wondering how to check the status of the Dell Rebate then you need to go to www.rebatestatus.com (https://secure.rebatestatus.com/bscripts/foxweb.exe/rebatestatus/ml_default?planguage=EN) which is NOT a Dell Forum but a rebate status check page for all manner of rebates. Most companies don't actually handle their own rebates but have a 3rd party take care of them, most of which seem to be located across town from me, which doesn't help me get the rebates any faster :cry:

HTH, Cheers!

robert_biggs
01-22-2003, 08:24 PM
My rebate still dosen't show up in their system either. I'm a little relieved to see I'm not the only one. I didn't mail in my rebate form until the end of December, so hopefully it will show up within a couple weeks. I imagine the rebate center was completely swamped with rebates immediately after Christmas and it's just taking time to get them all in their system. I'm staying optimistic for the time being. :)

mirkazemisaman
01-23-2003, 12:34 AM

What are you talking about, Dell Forum? If you are wondering how to check the status of the Dell Rebate then you need to go to www.rebatestatus.com (https://secure.rebatestatus.com/bscripts/foxweb.exe/rebatestatus/ml_default?planguage=EN) which is NOT a Dell Forum but a rebate status check page for all manner of rebates. Most companies don't actually handle their own rebates but have a 3rd party take care of them, most of which seem to be located across town from me, which doesn't help me get the rebates any faster :cry:

HTH, Cheers!

I thought what people meant by the Dell Forum was some kind of a forum with Dell moderators....

Kati Compton
01-23-2003, 12:59 AM
There is. Look under "support" at Dell Home or whatever, and you should find "Forums". Pick the one that says Axim or PDA.

Fzara
01-23-2003, 03:37 AM
Good NEWS! I'm getting $100!
On rebatestatus.com, someone else with a diff. last name as me (however not sure about the zip and address) sent in a rebate for a Dimension computer, and its possible it might be sent to me. Oh well. i can only hope.

As for this guy, oh well, i tried emailing customer support, but no response.

xbalance
01-23-2003, 05:50 PM
:) Got mine.

ender
01-23-2003, 07:23 PM
I ordered my Axims on January 7th so the rebates should be good. Where do I get the paper work to fill out for the rebates?

Kati Compton
01-23-2003, 08:39 PM
I ordered my Axims on January 7th so the rebates should be good. Where do I get the paper work to fill out for the rebates?

I got mine from a link next to the Axim item on the Dell Home page, if I am remembering correctly.

Sunnyone
01-24-2003, 03:40 PM
My rebate was mailed yesterday! Yippee!

mirkazemisaman
01-24-2003, 04:43 PM
There is. Look under "support" at Dell Home or whatever, and you should find "Forums". Pick the one that says Axim or PDA.

I tried that and it asks me to log in, I tried to log in with my "Dell Registered Email and Pasword", but for some strange reason can't get it...

jdavid
01-25-2003, 05:10 AM
I sent the rebate in on Dec. 11, the website says its being processed. I bought mine through the Dell Education site.

crispeto
01-25-2003, 07:22 AM
Got mine today!

Roosterman
01-26-2003, 05:10 AM
I just checked that rebate website, and they don't have anything listed under my last name or address that relates to the Axim. What a bunch of crap.
Not sure when you ordered yours but I did it the morning of the first day. Sent the rebate the day after I got mine, Dec 3. Recieved an e-mail 1-16 saying they received by rebate request and are processing it. Give it some time and you should get an e-mail.