View Full Version : Birthday/Anniversary Software

Nick521
01-21-2003, 03:12 AM
What software do you use/recommend for keeping track of anniversaries and birthdays? Thanks.

Nick

spursdude
01-21-2003, 03:16 AM
In Contacts, when you're adding or editing a contact, at the bottom of the long list of entires are "Birthday" and "Anniversary."

Punch in the dates, and Contacts will automatically put those onto your Calendar. When you reach that date, the default is for the PPC to pop-up a reminder for that event, and also display it on your Calendar year after year...

It's quite simple and convenient - helps a lot in remembering people's birthdays.

Nick521
01-21-2003, 03:21 AM
In Contacts, when you're adding or editing a contact, at the bottom of the long list of entires are "Birthday" and "Anniversary."

Punch in the dates, and Contacts will automatically put those onto your Calendar. When you reach that date, the default is for the PPC to pop-up a reminder for that event, and also display it on your Calendar year after year...

It's quite simple and convenient - helps a lot in remembering people's birthdays.

Hi Spursdude. Thanks for responding. Yes, I know about this. However, I think I am probably looking for separate software because in contacts for example I have one entry for let's say Joe & Mary. I cannot enter Joe's birthday and Mary's birthday in one entry. I would have to create two separate entries. Unless I am missing something. Any help is appreciated! :)

Nick

robclif4d
01-21-2003, 03:29 AM
I use this. It's the best I've found.

http://www.vasilenok.com/products/vbirthdaygold.html

Robert

spursdude
01-21-2003, 04:04 AM
Hi Spursdude. Thanks for responding. Yes, I know about this. However, I think I am probably looking for separate software because in contacts for example I have one entry for let's say Joe & Mary. I cannot enter Joe's birthday and Mary's birthday in one entry. I would have to create two separate entries. Unless I am missing something. Any help is appreciated! :)

Nick

You are right in that each contact can only take one birthday...a possible workaround (though quite inconvenient) is just to make separate entries even if they are supposed to be connected.

Another thing you could do is just make appointments for each birthday you want to record - you can set it to a recurring schedule and have it pop up every year. A bit more work than any of us would like, but if it gets the job done for free...

And do check out that software Robert linked to. Looks like it does a pretty good job.

Martin I Pettinger
01-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Hi

It is not simple for me. I have family birthdays entered in my PPC contacts database. However they do not appear on my PPC calendar. I have an iPAQ 3850 and PPC2002 OS with ROM 1.20 and SP3.

Do they only appear if you sync with Outlook on the desktop? Or do I have an option disabled on my PPC. I enter the birth date in the contacts. For my youngest son I checked back to 2000 and he wasn't in the calendar.

Martin

spursdude
01-22-2003, 01:21 AM
Hi

It is not simple for me. I have family birthdays entered in my PPC contacts database. However they do not appear on my PPC calendar. I have an iPAQ 3850 and PPC2002 OS with ROM 1.20 and SP3.

Do they only appear if you sync with Outlook on the desktop? Or do I have an option disabled on my PPC. I enter the birth date in the contacts. For my youngest son I checked back to 2000 and he wasn't in the calendar.

Martin

It could be that you need to sync with your desktop before it will show up. Just experimenting, I tried adding a birthday and then seeing if it popped up on the calendar right away - it didn't. I suspect you may need to synchronize before it will appear. I don't think there are any settings you need to apply - it has always worked for me without any tweaking.

DrtyBlvd
02-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Another alternative would be dbdates from Dooblo:

http://www.dooblo.com/dooblodates/index.asp