View Full Version : Is there a picture viewer that will open .TSK files???

js415
01-21-2003, 12:17 AM
I am looking for a viewer that would also open my "theme files", so that I could view them as pictures.

Does anybody know if there is a program to do this, or if there is a way to view all my .TSK pictures, as though I was viewing a photo album??

Thanks,

Jerry

Kati Compton
01-21-2003, 12:43 AM
On the desktop I found a .dll at one point that made it so you could view thumbnail images of the themes. I don't know how to view that way on PPC, though. If you want to get the pictures out (because you just like them and want to have them), the .tsk file is just a .CAB that you should be able to open and get the picture files out of....

js415
01-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the response. I already have the pictures on my laptop, and made .TSK files out of them. I would like to be able to look at, and show off the pictures with a viewer.

My thinking was, that if I could find a viewer to view the TSK files, I would not have to copy over the original pics to my CF card or SD card, saving the space for something else!!

Any ideas?/

Jerry

Kati Compton
01-21-2003, 01:09 AM
My thinking was, that if I could find a viewer to view the TSK files, I would not have to copy over the original pics to my CF card or SD card, saving the space for something else!!

Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is that some of those theme rotation utilities I believe include a theme viewer, but I don't know how big the thumbnail is, or if it shows it as a theme or just as the background pic. Those also cost $.

js415
01-21-2003, 01:14 AM
Yea, I have done that, however when you use the rotation program, you still have all the writing and text on the today screen hiding part of the picture.

If you really needed to see or show off the pictures, you would need to close all your today apps. Also, they only rotate "once" every minute at the most. A lot of the viewers let you rotate ever 5 seconds or so...

Oh well.....maybe a great idea for a developer....

Jerry