View Full Version : Does this work with the Axim?

mirkazemisaman
01-19-2003, 04:38 AM
Does this work with the Axim or does anyone have any experiences with this product? Any ideas? Do you THINK it's reliable???

http://www.circuitcity.com/frame1.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1549436022.1042946996@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccchadchfldielicfngcfkmdffhdffh.0&upper=head.jsp&lower=frame2.jsp&left=leftdept.jsp&right=verity_search.jsp&inleftcat=Shop+%26+Learn&productType=1&search=SD&qp=0

mirkazemisaman
01-19-2003, 04:44 AM
sorry the link doesn't work... though I copies it from the address bar, perhaps it has something to do with the Circuit City's website... anyways it was just a small device that you could clip to a stack of papers and conect this normal-sized pen to it and it would anstantly read your hand writing on the pda....

If you go to www.circuitcity.com and then the "Computer Pripherals and Accessories" and then "Accessorize your PDA", it should be towards the bottom of the page....

let me know what you think?

pepemosca
01-19-2003, 05:22 AM
I the "Seiko Instruments InkLink™ Handwriting System"?
I don't know if it works, but if it works: It's very cool.

Also, sounds like the Anoto (http://www.anoto.com/)

Chris Hendriks
01-19-2003, 05:31 AM
It should work with any pocket PC with an IR port.

check this link out - sure it will answer your questions.

http://www.pocketpclife.co.uk/featureddetails.asp?article=164

Pony99CA
01-19-2003, 06:56 AM
sorry the link doesn't work... though I copies it from the address bar, perhaps it has something to do with the Circuit City's website... anyways it was just a small device that you could clip to a stack of papers and conect this normal-sized pen to it and it would anstantly read your hand writing on the pda....

If you go to www.circuitcity.com and then the "Computer Pripherals and Accessories" and then "Accessorize your PDA", it should be towards the bottom of the page....

let me know what you think?
I think it would help if you gave the name of the product. There is the Seiko InkLink system and the Seiko SmartPad system, both of which could fit your description.

As for links not working, they seem to work for me. Here are links to the InkLink (http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?catoid=-9281&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_69&oid=66610) and the SmartPad (http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?catoid=-9281&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_71&oid=51897). Which one are you talking about?

Steve

P.S. Please don't post long links "naked". The board software doesn't wrap them, and it resets the margins for the whole page, forcing horizontal scrolling. Use the URL tags, like this:

[url=http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?catoid=-9281&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_69&oid=66610]
InkLink
[/url]

The above looks like the following when posted:

InkLink
(http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?catoid=-9281&qp=0&bookmark=bookmark_69&oid=66610)
See how much nicer that is? :-) (Notice that I also removed those useless and long BV_SessionID and BV_EngineID parameters, which just take up space.)

mirkazemisaman
01-19-2003, 04:56 PM
yeah, again sorry about the link and the lack of information on my part and thanx for showing me how to do links (i didn't know before), and BTW I went to www.amazon.com and searched for it and found some bad reviews about it:

Almost everyone says that the device itself is "flawless", but it's usability in everyday tasks get's a law rating. So it's not "flawless"... Anyway, I am not considering it for my Axim any more.

Thanx for the replies.

TheBacklash
01-19-2003, 06:55 PM
yeah, again sorry about the link and the lack of information on my part and thanx for showing me how to do links (i didn't know before)

This is one of the few boards I have seen that requires the user to know the html/bb code in order to post a link.... Most people have no clue how to use each boards version of html/bb code.

Sure the code *is* shown *if* you keep your mouse over the URL button... But how many people honestly have noticed that?

Most board software I have seen uses a two part input method for URL's, first for the actual link, then for the desrciption. That way links like you posted never happen.

Don't worry about it.

Janak Parekh
01-19-2003, 06:59 PM
This is one of the few boards I have seen that requires the user to know the html/bb code in order to post a link.... Most people have no clue how to use each boards version of html/bb code.
Indeed, one feature I miss from vBulletin is that for long links it'll automatically show a shortened version while keeping the full link. I'd ask Fabrizio if that could be put into phpBB, and I'm sure it can, but he already has a full plate of new features to add to the site. ;)

--janak

mirkazemisaman
01-19-2003, 07:00 PM
yeah, again sorry about the link and the lack of information on my part and thanx for showing me how to do links (i didn't know before)

Sure the code *is* shown *if* you keep your mouse over the URL button... But how many people honestly have noticed that?

Most board software I have seen uses a two part input method for URL's, first for the actual link, then for the desrciption. That way links like you posted never happen.

Don't worry about it.

I completely agree with what you said... and thank you for the update Janak.

Pony99CA
01-19-2003, 10:30 PM

Apparently at least two of us. :-)

You're talking about the dialogs that pop up asking for the text to display and the URL, right? I know Pocket PC Passion or PocketNow use that. I don't mind it, but I prefer typing it in myself, because it's faster.

Of course, I consider myself a power user, and HTML (and now BBCode) aren't intimidating. That's why I post that P.S. whenever I reply to a thread where somebody posted a long link -- to help people understand how to do things better. It also makes it easier for everybody to read.

Steve

TheBacklash
01-20-2003, 06:59 PM
You're talking about the dialogs that pop up asking for the text to display and the URL, right? I know Pocket PC Passion or PocketNow use that. I don't mind it, but I prefer typing it in myself, because it's faster.

Of course, I consider myself a power user, and HTML (and now BBCode) aren't intimidating. That's why I post that P.S. whenever I reply to a thread where somebody posted a long link -- to help people understand how to do things better. It also makes it easier for everybody to read.

Steve

Yes, the two dialog box way. I prefer that way myself, even though I can figure out the code, it's just easier for everyone. the ones putting in the link, *and* those that read the thread afterwards.

I agree it makes it cleaner and easier to read, thats a given. And your right, if you didn't post the PS. it probably wouldn't have been mentioned either...