View Full Version : Voice Recorder Angst

Fungo Squiggly
01-17-2003, 09:36 PM
I rather inartfully complained about my voice recorder functionality over in the Software side of things. Forgive me :oops: . This is probably a more appropriate location. I repeat it here, hoping to catch the right audience.

Just purchased Axim 5 from Dell after having used iPAQ handheld (Pocket PC 2000) for years. I interview people for a living, and rely on the recording functionality of the Pocket PC. iPAQ allowed me to record endlessly using Notes program recorder while saving to my storage card (1 GB hard drive in expansion slot). When configuring Axim to store Note files, I direct it to store to files at "Storage card 1 if available {thanks to sunnyone for pointing out a previous inaccuracy}," (exactly how I configured the iPAQ) which of course is available. However, the blasted Axim refuses to recognize the storage card, and stores the recording in main memory. After 10 minutes of recording, I blow out my main memory, and the recording action stops. :evil:

What's up with that? I don't necessarily want to purchase additional software to do what I assumed I could do all along (record interviews of 3 hours) when I upgraded to the Axim 5. Are there any solutions out there? Thanks for your help.

Steven Cedrone
01-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Please post all replies here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7427

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator