View Full Version : How do you take apart a Compaq sleeve?

Philip Colmer
01-16-2003, 07:05 PM
My Compaq Bluetooth sleeve has very recently started displaying a rather worrying rattle - worrying because there shouldn't be any moving parts and I'm hoping that it isn't anything that could cause a short.

I'm hoping that Compaq will repair/replace the sleeve, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone knew how to take these things apart - and whether or not there were any gotchas like hidden springs, or the like.

It looks like there are 4 torx screws, but I'm not sure if they are torx, or indeed the size.

Is there a hidden screw underneath the Compaq label? If there is, I'll probably leave it well alone unless Compaq decide not to do the decent thing.

Help! :D

--Philip

Jorj Bauer
01-18-2003, 02:53 PM
It looks like there are 4 torx screws, but I'm not sure if they are torx, or indeed the size.

Is there a hidden screw underneath the Compaq label? If there is, I'll probably leave it well alone unless Compaq decide not to do the decent thing.

The only sleeve I've ever disassembled is the PC card sleeve. YMMV.

The 4 torx screws are Torx 7, I believe. (It's been a while since I did this; it may be slightly smaller.)

There are a few plastic clips around the edges holding the two pieces of the sleeve together. There was no screw under the label.

Happy digging!