View Full Version : How can I synch multiple folder levels in Outlook?

tregnier
01-15-2003, 01:30 PM
I'm sure I've seen this in the forums before but I can't find it and my aged short-term memory won't let me recall it.

Is there a way to synch folders within folders from Outlook to my iPaq 3955? I keep several levels of folders in Outlook inbox. The folder structure gets synched to the iPaq but they're empty when they arrive.

Thanks!

Unreal32
01-16-2003, 03:06 AM
You have to select the number of days to include.

DrtyBlvd
02-03-2003, 02:01 PM
Come again Spam? I don't currently do this, but I see a need for it in the future perhaps - I was under the impression that you needed software to sync multiple folders?

tregnier
08-15-2003, 08:30 PM
I posted this message a long time ago and never got any responses that were helpful. Is there a way to sync multiple mail folder levels in Outlook? Do I need other software to do it?

vovillamor
08-15-2003, 08:52 PM
I posted this message a long time ago and never got any responses that were helpful. Is there a way to sync multiple mail folder levels in Outlook? Do I need other software to do it?

If I remember correctly, Activesync will let you sync multiple folders within the Inbox folder, but not other folders like the Sent Items folder of Outbox. Also, I think you can only sync one level of folders down, and no deeper.

I think if you've already ActiveSync'd you Inbox, then ActiveSync will give you a list of folders within the Inbox folder that you can synchronize. Open ActiveSync, double click on the Inbox icon to modify its settings, and then click on the checkboxes next to the folders that you want to synchronize.

I have several Outlook folders sync'd between my home desktop PC and my PocketPC. If I were at home, I could give better descriptions of the screens and steps. Let me know if this info helps, or if I can help with more information.

---Vito

shark-e
08-18-2003, 09:13 AM
I have managed to sync to more than two levels with outlook. As the previous post said once you have sync'd open the options tab on Activesync, then double click on 'inbox' and then mark whci folders you want to sync.

cfine
08-23-2003, 02:13 PM
What you cannot do is synch folders from another Personal or Public folder group in Outlook....

vlado
08-24-2003, 11:22 AM
Try http://lookout.vonken.com/

Gator5000e
09-10-2003, 07:51 PM
I have some sub folders in Inbox that won't sync correctly. One sub folder only copies a certain number of e-mails. The other doesn't sync any at all. Both are checked in the options/settings screen. No limits are in place, such as only copy messages for the last 5 days.

Any ideas on how to get these folders to sync would be appreciated/

Thanks.

Gator5000e
09-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Following a tip found here, I moved my messages in my non-synching folders to a surplus folder and then moved them back. both folders synced properly and al messages are now visible on my Axim.

So if you run into this problem, just move the messages to another folder and then move them back.

Thanks.